Dextro Energy Dextrose Tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pam123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have just ordered a box of 24 packs from amazon can anyone please advise how many to take for a hypo ?

Usually they say 2 or 3 @Pam123 but if you had a bad hypo you can take as many as necessary, eg 5 or more.

And it was a smart move getting them from Amazon. They’re much cheaper and they have a bigger range of flavours.

And it was a smart move getting them from Amazon. They’re much cheaper and they have a bigger range of flavours.
Thanks for the advice, I bought one packet from the chemist today and paid 89p to keep in my handbag, then checked amazon subscribe and save works out at £15 30, so like you say its a big saving, we have boxes of jelly babies everywhere, in the house and in the car my husband uses them if needed when he goes to the gym, shock to find there £3 a box today.

Usually with theae I start with 3. But it will depend on the number and now I got dexcom one want the arrows saying on that.

Usually they say 2 or 3 @Pam123 but if you had a bad hypo you can take as many as necessary, eg 5 or more.
The standard advice is to take 15g and wait 15 minutes before testing again. Which is likely 3 tablets (but check the label). As others have said, it's generic advice and it's quite possible you'll start with more or less, depending on the circumstances.

Thanks for the advice, I bought one packet from the chemist today and paid 89p to keep in my handbag, then checked amazon subscribe and save works out at £15 30, so like you say its a big saving, we have boxes of jelly babies everywhere, in the house and in the car my husband uses them if needed when he goes to the gym, shock to find there £3 a box today.

I thought your husband wasn't on any diabetes medication?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back