Dexcon 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamppir8

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Anyone got one? Testing one? Nurse said available in new year. Anymore reliable than libra 2?

I’ve used it. Bought the 3 month package and used that till it ran out a couple weeks ago. Seemed as reliable as libre 2 to me so was happy with that.

I'm due to move over from Libre 2 to Devcon G7 by the end of the year.
Using up my L2 stock and reading up/learning about the D G7 just now.
My Diabetic nurse is saying they think the D G7 is much more accurate than the L2 and will be moving all of us over to it through next year. [Wyre Forest Worcestershire]
it also scans via Bluetooth 24/7 and has alarms and predictive trends for your blood sugars.
It is all new to me so I'm busy reading up about it so some of the above may suffer from minor inaccuracies.
......................... back to reading up from the web page.

Cheers.

I'm due to move over from Libre 2 to Devcon G7 by the end of the year.
Using up my L2 stock and reading up/learning about the D G7 just now.
My Diabetic nurse is saying they think the D G7 is much more accurate than the L2 and will be moving all of us over to it through next year. [Wyre Forest Worcestershire]
it also scans via Bluetooth 24/7 and has alarms and predictive trends for your blood sugars.
It is all new to me so I'm busy reading up about it so some of the above may suffer from minor inaccuracies.
......................... back to reading up from the web page.

Cheers.
Interesting that they are moving you to the Dexcom G7 and not the Dexcom One as the general understanding was that the Dex One was like for like alternative for the Libre 2 and the same price whereas the G7 is more expensive. Have you checked that your phone is compatible as I think there are less compatible with Dexcom than Libre.
I hope your nurse is not misinformed and you don't end up being disappointed with a Dexcom One instead, although still a good sensor I believe, but not all the features of the G7.

Interesting that they are moving you to the Dexcom G7 and not the Dexcom One as the general understanding was that the Dex One was like for like alternative for the Libre 2 and the same price whereas the G7 is more expensive.
I think G7 is cheaper than the G6 but as you say more than the Dexcom One. I wonder if it's some special deal they've made with Dexcom. Or maybe they want to standardise on one product for everyone and the G7 seemed to be best for that (while some people here seem to get on better with Libre than Dexcom, it seems to be more the other way around). (As I understand it the G6 is still needed for some looping setups but I presume the G7 will be usable in those soon (whereas Dexcom One isn't intended for that).)

Thanks for your input rebrascora [Barbara]. My Diabetic nursing contact is the clinical lead for Worcestershire and is responsible for setting all this up, so I too hope she's correct in her explanations. Shes has asked which phone I have, and I've confirmed the G7 is compatible with it. The only tweak I have to make sure of is a recent phone software upgrade added a pause control to the phone and if this is activated it messes up the alarms.

I was given a Dexcom 1 sensor to try out (with a view to it being available on prescription soon). I’m planning on attaching it tomorrow. I’ll be comparing it with the Libre 2 so that I can decide which one suits me best. I’m fed up with the Libre’s alarms which have stopped working for no obvious reason. Watch this space!

I'm hoping to move over to dexcom from libre 2, due to getting lots of false alarms disurbing my sleep...my diabestes nurse was suggesting g6, though i don't use a pump nor am i aiming for one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back