DexcomOne

JS1066

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Is Dexcom One any good? Does it give an accurate reading ? Does the app work on any Android smart phone or does it only work on brand name smart phones?

In my opinion the One+ is excellent. I had been a Libre user since launch, and been plagued by its inconsistencies; you’d get a few in a row that were accurate (within scope), then a rogue one would turn up. Abbott would always replace them, but it was just the stress of having to take comparative readings, make sure it wasn’t going to settle down, which it in rarely would, then go through the same telephone centre call again.

I eventually switched to One+ (the One was always too feature poor in comparison with Libre).

I was immediately impressed. I have used about 2 months worth now and haven’t even had to look up their help desk phone number!

There is one personal annoyance with the data entry in the app, but that is purely a difference not a functional inadequacy.

HTH

Does the app work on any Android smart phone or does it only work on brand name smart phones?
Unlike the Libre, the Dexcom app only works on the named compatible phones.
If I remember correctly, the app will not load on other phones.
If you are technical, there are unofficial third party apps which you can use instead but these are unsupported, not available from the Play store and can be a little confusing to set up.

Unlike the Libre, the Dexcom app only works on the named compatible phones.
If I remember correctly, the app will not load on other phones.
If you are technical, there are unofficial third party apps which you can use instead but these are unsupported, not available from the Play store and can be a little confusing to set up.
Absolutely correct. I should have mentioned that, but lost concentration by the time I’d finished! Old age.

Is Dexcom One any good? Does it give an accurate reading ? Does the app work on any Android smart phone or does it only work on brand name smart phones?
I’ve just started a trial of Dexcom One+ and before I ordered, I looked up the list of compatible phones on their website to make sure mine was listed.

Love it unfortunately although I might have to finger prick for a as just offer a week ago(well 10 agos actually) I lost my dexcom one recover(I managed to somehow accidentally flush it down a tolits) I had go down to my hospital to adk as if they had any spares I could have(my phone isn't compatible with app and cant aoford to go and buy one which any with work its better to have the receiver) all they had was dexcom+ plus recivers and they gave me and a dexcom + plus said my prescription would be changing anyway). I ring to see if that could get sorted I was told they'd get a nurse to ring me back but never did. I'm now a few hours into the grace period if the sensors that's one my body and no more I do have a few normal dexcom sesors still but no receiver to go with them

I looked up on their website to see if my phone was compatible, it said it was , so I ordered the free trial , went on the Play Store to download the app and it says it's not compatible with my phone.

I looked up on their website to see if my phone was compatible, it said it was , so I ordered the free trial , went on the Play Store to download the app and it says it's not compatible with my phone.
Might be OS rather than the phone if it's just not letting you download, sometimes they don't update apps for the new android until it's pointed out to them. You could try APKmirror and see if it's there and try loading it to see if it works if so?

Might be OS rather than the phone if it's just not letting you download, sometimes they don't update apps for the new android until it's pointed out to them. You could try APKmirror and see if it's there and try loading it to see if it works if so?
Thank you for your great suggestion, I found it on apkcombo , downloaded and installed with no problems.

If any help and you try Dexcom one I have a receiver here if any help. As it wouldn’t work on my old Nokia phone. But I no longer use a CGM

Let us know how you get on with it if you give it a go @JS1066 🙂

Back