Dexcom Uploader (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winkie2k

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi,
First post, so please be gentle with me lol

It's a technical question, which I'm hoping someone who may have had the same problem might be able to answer.....

Okay, so our daughter started her Dexcom G6 CGM a few days ago, and so far so good, but for some reason, we are unable to upload any results to Clarity from the receiver unit.

Both our phones are Huawei P30 Pro's, which are not compatible with the Dexcom app, so we have the receiver unit connected to the transmitter which is working fine. The trouble comes when attempting to upload to the Dexcom Clarity webpage, it says that the downloader software is not installed, but it is!

Dexcom technical support have no clue and think that it 'might' be a Windows 11 issue. Considering that Windows 11 (from a developers point of view) has been around since early last year, there has been plenty of time for Dexcom to test their software, so I'm disappointed in their response. Also, talking to a friend in the know, he says that Windows 11 uses the same .net core as Windows 10, just that it has a different front end, so no reason why it wouldn't work the same as Windows 10.

The download software icon is running in the taskbar, and is listed in task manager, so I don't know why the Clarity website can't see it. I've tried Chrome, and Firefox, both the same :(

Our daughter has a Medtronic 640G insulin pump, and the Medtronic upload software works absolutely fine on this laptop as does everything else, so I'm completely stumped.

We brought this laptop so that all our daughters software, info, hospital appointments (she has additional needs) etc are all in one place and Windows 11 was pre-installed on it, so it's not like we can revert back to Windows 10 (not that I would want to anyway).

Any idea's anyone?

Thanks in advance,
Mark.

Not to sure if this helps but I had an email saying

Dear Dexcom CLARITY user,

In the coming weeks, the process for uploading your Dexcom receivers at home* will be improved. The additional step of logging into the Dexcom CLARITY Uploader software will no longer be required.

First, set up the new Dexcom CLARITY Uploader:

1.Log in to your Dexcom CLARITY account at clarity.dexcom.eu.
2.Click Dexcom CLARITY for Home Users, then enter your Dexcom account username and password.
3.Click Upload at the top of the screen.
4.If this is your first use of the new Dexcom CLARITY Uploader, click Download to install it.
5.Follow the onscreen instructions.
6.When the installation is done, refresh your browser.

Now you’re ready to upload your data, anytime:

1.Connect your USB cable between your computer and your receiver.
2.Click Upload, making sure your receiver is powered on.
3.Follow the onscreen instructions.

Thank you,
The Dexcom CLARITY Team

Thanks for the reply Pumper_Sue 🙂

This is the bit that keeps failing. When I download and install the downloader software, I refresh the page, and it comes up that it can't find the uploader software, and then to click retry (even though it's running). If I do click retry, it just downloads the uploader installer again.
Properly doing my head in now as the Paediatric diabetes nurse has asked us again today to upload the results, and we can't :(

Have you tried deleting the uploader completely and reinstalling it?
In the distant past I seem to remember doing this and also having the programme open before I downloaded the info. I will have a play as have w11 now.

Just checked it out and it's working fine on windoze 11 for me.

Last edited:
Thanks Pumper_Sue,

I didn't think it could just be W11, there's obviously something else amiss.
I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling, tried running it in compatibility mode, running it with an admin account vs user account etc, but still nothing.
I've tried running diagnostics on the network side of things too, but all pass okay, and everything else internet wise works fine anyway.

I'll have to try tech support again, hopefully next time, I'll get someone who knows what they are on about lol 🙂

A friend who has a W11 lappy has said I can use his to upload this time, so at least that will get the PDN off our back lol.

It may simply be the cable at fault. People tend to forget that when looking for problems. I did, when LibreLink couldn’t find my Libre Reader, even though the computer beeped when I connected it. Switched to a newer cable and hey presto, everything worked. The other cable is no longer with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back