Dexcom orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

olliej96

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Those who’re fortunate enough to have access to Dexcom on the NHS, how do you go about ordering new supplies? Is it straight through their website or do you have it added to your repeat prescription, like with Abbott’s Libre’s?

They just come automatically, I think the clinic has a rolling order with them which is the cheapest way I think. So just as we’re thinking “only one sensor left, we need to get some more” I get an email saying they will be delivered within a day or two!

They just come automatically, I think the clinic has a rolling order with them which is the cheapest way I think. So just as we’re thinking “only one sensor left, we need to get some more” I get an email saying they will be delivered within a day or two!
Ahh that’s good to know. Saves having to worry!

Yes it’s direct with dexcom not through the pharmacy. They have our NHS approval and it’s just on a rolling contract so gets sent out every 3 months. If we have any issue we just call them up (we’re still trying to get them to refund our payments as the transition from self funded to NHS hasn’t been smooth in that regard but everything else has been fine).

Those who’re fortunate enough to have access to Dexcom on the NHS, how do you go about ordering new supplies? Is it straight through their website or do you have it added to your repeat prescription, like with Abbott’s Libre’s?
I just had an email to say NHS taking over the funding and a supply will be sent every three months and 9mths into contract to ask DSN to renew contract for continuation of supplies.

I only know the self funding routine, though I’m crossing my fingers that i might have an opportunity to have a chat at my next pump review?!

Yes it’s direct with dexcom not through the pharmacy. They have our NHS approval and it’s just on a rolling contract so gets sent out every 3 months. If we have any issue we just call them up (we’re still trying to get them to refund our payments as the transition from self funded to NHS hasn’t been smooth in that regard but everything else has been fine).
Ahh I'm glad to hear it. I'm sorry it's not been so smooth for you!

You are also sent an email in advance to say when the delivery is due.

I like that they do this.. makes it a little easier to plan head that way, I assume though that if requested they can leave in a safe space? and don't need anyone to sign or anything?

I like that they do this.. makes it a little easier to plan head that way, I assume though that if requested they can leave in a safe space? and don't need anyone to sign or anything?
Ours are delivered by DHL so yeah just get the app and put your safe space or arrange a suitable delivery day on there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back