Dexcom one lost signal

Cathryn

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

Was wondering if you could help. I upgraded my phone to a Samsung S23 on the 31st August after researching it and speaking directly to Dexcom said that it was compatible with this phone. Since I have moved the sensor and transmitter across, I continually get a lost signal throughout the day and night. I have tried following - turn Bluetooth off and on, closing app and opening, uninstalling and re installing, turning phone on and off. I have also swapped the transmitter and sensor twice and still same issue. I know that the Bluetooth is working as I can pair it to other devices (hearing aid, car, insulin pump and it passes the Samsung Members diagnostic test). Since I know that the Bluetooth seems to be working, I have also tried removing all other Bluetooth devices (apart from insulin pump!) and just have the Dexcom one. Having spoken to them, we have done troubleshooting and they are now escalating the issue. Was wondering if any one else has had the same problem and could advise?

How frustrating @Cathryn. Has it been sorted now?

Hi,

Was wondering if you could help. I upgraded my phone to a Samsung S23 on the 31st August after researching it and speaking directly to Dexcom said that it was compatible with this phone. Since I have moved the sensor and transmitter across, I continually get a lost signal throughout the day and night. I have tried following - turn Bluetooth off and on, closing app and opening, uninstalling and re installing, turning phone on and off. I have also swapped the transmitter and sensor twice and still same issue. I know that the Bluetooth is working as I can pair it to other devices (hearing aid, car, insulin pump and it passes the Samsung Members diagnostic test). Since I know that the Bluetooth seems to be working, I have also tried removing all other Bluetooth devices (apart from insulin pump!) and just have the Dexcom one. Having spoken to them, we have done troubleshooting and they are now escalating the issue. Was wondering if any one else has had the same problem and could advise?

Sounds to me that your phone isn't actually compatible after all. Manufacturers with a long list of "compatible" devices usually don't retest if it's "just another iteration of the same design". Obvious question - do you have access to another Samsung phone of similar design etc to borrow and test ? e.g the S22 or S24 ?

Back