Dexcom One help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

PennyLouise

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Hi
I have just started trying the Dexcom One as my libre 2 kept failing but I can’t see where I can log my insulin doses / food / exercise etc like I can on libre app. Yet on the Clarity reports it looks like there should be somewhere I can do it. Please can someone point me in right direction?
Many thanks

I haven't used it, but when I was talking with my Endo on all the recent CGM offerings she said the LibreLink/View was "without equal" from the data features. So you might be looking for something hat isn't there. She advised me to stick with L2 and Juggluco combination FWIW.

Can you not add that info on the clarity app?

Hi
I have just started trying the Dexcom One as my libre 2 kept failing but I can’t see where I can log my insulin doses / food / exercise etc like I can on libre app. Yet on the Clarity reports it looks like there should be somewhere I can do it. Please can someone point me in right direction?
Many thanks
The clarity app is the same for dexcom one, G6 and G7 so you’re seeing that it would be able to show insulin and carbs because G6 and G7 have the ability to log those events I think. Dexcom one is a stripped back version and doesn’t have all the features.

The Dexcom companion app Sugarmate may be of use? It piggybacks the Clarity app but can also log carbs I think. See link below:

The Dexcom companion app Sugarmate may be of use? It piggybacks the Clarity app but can also log carbs I think. See link below:

I'm on an 18 month old Samsung phone, using android ver 13 and I cannot get Sugarmate on this device. Google Play Store offers me Sugarmate for Android initially, but then offers a myriad of other apps, but not Sugarmate itself. As far as I can find there is no app to log data such as carbs or insulin, nor useful notes that links to either Dexcom One or Clarity.

Can you not add that info on the clarity app?
Sadly not. Clarity associated with Dexcom One is simply a display of various report etc culled from Dex One data.

Hi
Many thanks
Hello @PennyLouise, I can't find a solution, but if you subsequently do find one for an android phone - please shout out. Even though I've been using CGM for over 2 years, I still like to log basic data and try to look back periodically to see what I might improve or adjust.

I had very erratic and unreliable readings from Libre 2 for the last 25 months and was switched to Dexcom One. I'm on my 3rd 10 day period and my 4th sensor. The 1st failed after 2 days and Dexcom replaced it (more quickly than Abbott). The previous 2 sensors were even less accurate than Libre 2, which I was wearing to shadow Dexcom. But my latest sensor is consistently higher than actual BG and reasonably close. The differential is c. 0.5 to 1.0 above actual - regardless of whether my actual BG is close to 4 or 10. So it seems to me that my body is now more accepting of Dexcom One - but it is still early days.

I used Libre 2 in conjunction with Diabox, which made Libre a real-time CGM and gave me a constant display of the reading, even on my closed phone (albeit in a small font in a corner). That was hugely beneficial, removing the need to wake my phone before getting a glance to know what was going on. So I'm currently not particularly enjoying the Dexcom One experience; even once the phone is 'woken' the Dexcom app also has to be woken up, wich takes a couple of seconds. So no possibility of a quick glance. I received (amazingly) 9 x 10 day sensors with my first repeat prescription in 3 boxes of 3. So I'll go the full 90+ days before making any further decision. I still have no extra transmitter; it seems that in the BOB ICS Dexcom One is listed in the Formulary, but there is no ESMIS(?) code to allow it to be placed on my repeat prescriptions. Bureaucracy rules (of course) and hopefully that will be sorted out in the next 2 months!

I'm on an 18 month old Samsung phone, using android ver 13 and I cannot get Sugarmate on this device. Google Play Store offers me Sugarmate for Android initially, but then offers a myriad of other apps, but not Sugarmate itself. As far as I can find there is no app to log data such as carbs or insulin, nor useful notes that links to either Dexcom One or Clarity.
I have Xdrip on my Sony Xperia set up as a Dexcom Clarity follower. That phone is pretty ancient so your phone should have no difficulty running Xdrip the same way. That may let you do what you need. See https://xdrip.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ to get started.

@Proud to be erratic have you only looked on the Play Store for these apps?
As they are unofficial, they tend not to be approved by Google (or Apple) so you will need to download them from something like GitHub.
I used xDrip for a few years (and Glimp before that) and the instructions were easy to find on the internet including where to find the apps and how to install and set them up.

Not got dex one, i use g6, but isn't there a 'event' blue icon at bottom of screen? See first screen image
If you click on that you can see add an event (the plus at top of screen)
The one thing you can't do is type in notes eg if the carbs were glucose, choccys etc

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230422_142204_Dexcom G6.jpg
    Screenshot_20230422_142204_Dexcom G6.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230422_142345_Dexcom G6.jpg
    Screenshot_20230422_142345_Dexcom G6.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 6
Not got dex one, i use g6, but isn't there a 'event' blue icon at bottom of screen? See first screen image
If you click on that you can see add an event (the plus at top of screen)
The one thing you can't do is type in notes eg if the carbs were glucose, choccys etc
Alas no 'event' icon with Dex One.

@Proud to be erratic have you only looked on the Play Store for these apps?
As they are unofficial, they tend not to be approved by Google (or Apple) so you will need to download them from something like GitHub.
I used xDrip for a few years (and Glimp before that) and the instructions were easy to find on the internet including where to find the apps and how to install and set them up.
Thanks, I'll go rummaging for xDrip. But it does look as though Sugarmate is recognised by Apple, so it seems that its an android hurdle.

Since Clarity is generic to Dex One, G6 and G7, can I presume (hope) that xDrip will see whatever is on Clarity, whether from One, G6 or G7? And will xDrip provide me with simpler monitoring - by simpler I mean is there some display in the sleeping phone that provides the basic notification of what Dex is saying? Also, sorry one more Q, is xDrip using its own algorithm or simply mirroring what Clarity is saying? With Diabox it was taking the Libre signal, applying its own algorithm and displaying the result, along with different reports (slightly better statistics) etc; so one is constantly alert to the reality that there were 3 results: actual, Diabox and Libre 2. Manageable in practice and generally Diabox was closer to actual.

I’m using xDrip with the G7. It takes data from Clarity without applying any algorithm of its own. I use it because it has more flexibility in its alerts - Clarity only allows 2 alerts, with only 1 active at any one time, while xDrip has no such limits. I keep my Android phone on my nightstand with xDrip running and the screen unlocked because its easier to do a quick check if I wake.

hope that helps?

Not got dex one, i use g6, but isn't there a 'event' blue icon at bottom of screen?
That’s a G6 / G7 feature, removed from Dexcom One (on iPhone at least)

Oh, thats a bit rubbish!

I haven't used it, but when I was talking with my Endo on all the recent CGM offerings she said the LibreLink/View was "without equal" from the data features. So you might be looking for something hat isn't there. She advised me to stick with L2 and Juggluco combination FWIW.
Thank you

Thanks for your input all. Just to let you know I have downloaded the sugarmate app and it is talking to the Dexcom One. It updates the CGM readings once an hour so isn’t totally real time but you can manually add a reading in. And looks like I can log all my carbs / insulin / exercise etc. thanks again

Yes littlevoice359 this is working. Thank you so much
Glad you got it working. Not sure where the 1hr update frequency is coming from, though. In my case (G7) it updates every 5 minutes. It may be something specific to the Dexcom One or something in the Sugarmate settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back