Dexcom one free trial

Martin62

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
For anyone wishing to take advantage of the Dexcom one free trial but are having trouble finding it on their site, just Google Dexcom UK free trial . I'm currently on libre 2 with no issues but have got a Dexcom one coming to try it out. You do have to pay £4.99 postage.Screenshot_20240822-013011~2.png

Congrats @Martin62 for finding the free trial & thanks for sharing have just ordered one, I’m currently using the freestyle but been refunded (edit sorry refused) it on prescription so am looking at self funded usage so obviously both systems are currently being considered

Last edited:
I’ve ordered one to try too - if ever I get the option of switching I’d like to have tried it and have my answer ready in advance. It having Apple Watch functionality might be helpful for when I’m on stage, but I’ve previously found dexcom adhesive a bit rubbish, so interested to try it out and see

Must confess I am a little tempted to get one to try even though I have Libre on prescription. As you say @Lucyr it could be helpful if we are put in a position where we have a choice to make because our GP practice is trying to enforce a change or if it is indeed a better system for us as an individual but you don't want to instigate a change when Libre works OK but a change could be better or possibly worse and changing straight back if it is worse could be challenging.
Generally I don't cope well with technology change but I am still considering it.

Just to clarify, this is a free trial of the Dexcom One+ (the stand alone sensor similar to Libre), not the Dexcom One which I believe is a 90 day transmitter and 10 day sensor combo.

A bit naughty, advertising it as "zero scanning, zero finger sticks".
I am guessing the asterisk gives the exceptions to that statement but still a bit cheeky!

I’ve just ordered one too, if I’m ever going to be asked to swap to it, I’d rather know what I was agreeing to! I’ve also never used my phone to scan, so I thought it would be good practice to see how I got on with it, while i’d got my trusty Libre and reader to fall back on if i get into difficulties.
When I got to the payment page, the £4.99 postage suddenly attracted £1 VAT and became £5.99.

I’m still having trouble finding it despite google showing me the same results in your photo @Martin62 - can someone help me with what to do once I’ve clicked on the free trial link?! I just get a page about NHS funding…

Must confess I am a little tempted to get one to try even though I have Libre on prescription. As you say @Lucyr it could be helpful if we are put in a position where we have a choice to make because our GP practice is trying to enforce a change or if it is indeed a better system for us as an individual but you don't want to instigate a change when Libre works OK
Yeah I am not planning on asking to change, as diabetes clinic are all set up to see my libre data, but would like to have an answer to hand if it came up

I’m still having trouble finding it despite google showing me the same results in your photo @Martin62 - can someone help me with what to do once I’ve clicked on the free trial link?! I just get a page about NHS funding…
Maybe they’ve had enough requests that they’ve ended it if you can’t find it?

I’ve just looked, and I can’t find it either, I went into private browsing on my ipad in case Dexcom were picking up that I’ve already had one. I ordered mine less than an hour ago!
Yes I literally wrote my comment just as your posted that you’d just ordered one! I was so confused haha. Oh well, maybe next time!

Yes, looks like I missed the boat too! I'm too slow to catch cold!

Think it is shocking that they added VAT to the postage @Robin

When I got to the payment page, the £4.99 postage suddenly attracted £1 VAT and became £5.99.
Must have been a box you missed ticking as I paid £4.99

Attachments

• IMG_4833.jpeg
    IMG_4833.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 2
Must have been a box you missed ticking as I paid £4.99
I looked all over for a box to tick, and there wasn’t one. I wasn’t expecting the usual medical exemption thing for VAT, as the postage isn’t a medical device, but I was surprised it added it.

I can't see it for the Dexcom one+ plus there is a free trial for the G6 and G7 but I've no idea what the difference is.

I can't see it for the Dexcom one+ plus there is a free trial for the G6 and G7 but I've no idea what the difference is.
I tried the G6 and G7 trial but it looks like it is just available across the pond.

I looked all over for a box to tick, and there wasn’t one. I wasn’t expecting the usual medical exemption thing for VAT, as the postage isn’t a medical device, but I was surprised it added it.
I couldn’t see the box initially, when you registered to have a Dexcom account it asks you declare amongst other things that you are diabetic, that’s where it picks up the vat exemption, you should be able to go back into your details and still check the box, that’s what I did,I’m hoping when my trial sensor arrives it’s better than the Dexcom website

Back