Dexcom ONE+ failure?

beating_my_betes

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi!

Been using my first cgm. Been going pretty well, but this morning I have had quite a few incidences of lost connection. I now see a message to start a new sensor. However, this morning I received a message to remind me I have 24 hours, plus the 12-hour grace period.

So I'm 'down' a day.5.

Does anyone have any experience with this, specifically how Dexcom treats such issues? Is there a point at which they refund/replace and a point they won't?

It's been sat perfectly in place, in the recommended location, and is covered by the included adhesive patch along with a 3rd-party waterproof patch.

Thanks.

It’s worth calling Dexcom @beating_my_betes They usually go through a brief questionnaire to identify the problem. I’ve had faulty G7 sensors replaced.

My instinct is that Dex will replace, even for a single lost day. I got good support when I had the former Dex One and again great support now with G7

Well that wasn't fun!

The detail I forgot to mention was that I bought the unit as a one-off from an Amazon seller. Dexcom confirmed to me that they only guarantee replacements for faulty sensors if bought directly from them. Eventually managed to get through to a human on Amazon who refunded me for it.

Thanks again for the help 🙂

If you loose the signal turn your blue tooth off and on again also turn phone on and off that normally resolves the problem.
Also make sure the phone is same side as the sensor on your body.

If you loose the signal turn your blue tooth off and on again also turn phone on and off that normally resolves the problem.
Thanks! I did read the advice to keep phone on same side. But testing it out, I found I still maintained a flawless connection even in the zipped-up pocket of thick jogging bottoms...on the opposite side of my body.

With the exception of yesterday morning, when the unit ultimately failed, all of the signal losses were my fault. I'm just not used to carrying my phone everywhere with me when at home.

Even yesterday when it started to fail, it did reconnect (perhaps twice) before eventually giving me the failure message. However, I'll definitely keep in mind the advice about bluetooth and restarting if I have disconnection issues not so easily explained.

So no better than the Libre2. I had hoped that trying the Dexcom 1+ would see an improvement in random disconnects.

Back