Dexcom One+ app makes phone quite hot

Tombar

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I've been using this app on my Android phone and it seems to make the phone quite hot, as it is running 24 h a day. I tried to turn off some battery use settings for the app and stopped the app working. Has anyone any experience on how to stop the phone heating up so much? #dexcom

It might be worth asking the tech folk at Dexcom. The One+ is new to the UK market and that might make Dexcom sensitive and responsive to questions that are probing its performance or even fitness for purpose.

What I dislike about their support is that they insist on using the telephone, rather than email. I don't like being telephoned; also writing things down allows me to organise my thoughts and not forget something

I'm happy to use the phone. My Internet connection to the world has, exclusively for the last 12 months, been through my phone and its small screen and I'm truly fed up with being forced to do almost every single thing on line. I find digital stuff gets lost within the phone, arriving with a digital title of a long array of letters, symbols and nos that get truncated on the screen once saved and after being recovered from whichever folder they are in are unrecognisable for their contents without being opened - but once opened the previous document is displaced and returned to its indecipherable long array.

I'm accustomed to using the phone, always got pen and paper ready as a basic necessity and that relatively traditional method works for me. Digital stuff comes in as messages (2 different systems, with the saving grace of having blue or green backgrounds), WhatsApp, emails and random notifications through existing apps on my phone; all then destined to get digitally lost. For me they are nightmares!

What I dislike about their support is that they insist on using the telephone, rather than email. I don't like being telephoned; also writing things down allows me to organise my thoughts and not forget something

Could you make a list of questions and what to mention before you phone? I often do that then I can look at it while I’m talking. I also jot down what they say.

Back