Dexcom G7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom1982

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
I know I’ve asked this before, but I also know there are a few on here with their finger on the pulse! We are getting to the time where a pump is being talked about. Just had a saline trial using an Omnipod and all went well. Would love to loop it but our daughter currently uses a G7. Really keen to stick with this and not go to a G6 as the application and so on is so easy. Any word on compatibility???

@Tom1982 Dana and T Slim are supposed to be updating their looping so that they’re compatible with the G7. I wouldn’t trust any dates online as they all seem to change and start off too optimistically. I don’t know about the Omnipod as my clinic don’t offer that.

I quite understand why you want the G7 not G6. I chose the G7 in preference to looping with a G6. I already have a Dana pump so I’m sure a G7 looping opportunity will be along soon (ish).

I know I’ve asked this before, but I also know there are a few on here with their finger on the pulse! We are getting to the time where a pump is being talked about. Just had a saline trial using an Omnipod and all went well. Would love to loop it but our daughter currently uses a G7. Really keen to stick with this and not go to a G6 as the application and so on is so easy. Any word on compatibility???
Perhaps give the pump company a ring and ask when it's going to be upgraded.

Perhaps give the pump company a ring and ask when it's going to be upgraded.
Yeah I thought that, tried to ask them but they seemed very cloak and dagger about it all. I don’t understand the lack of information in the public domain.

I have been hearing about g7 for over a year but no sign of it for my loop yet. I have a similar set up to @Inka but for the other view if it was a choice between having g7 and loop, I would take loop every time As it has transformed my dibetes management and made my life so much happier. G6 is not that much bigger and apart from faster warm up I don’t know g7 is That much better. Appreciate you have a little one and so different considerations.

I have been hearing about g7 for over a year but no sign of it for my loop yet. I have a similar set up to @Inka but for the other view if it was a choice between having g7 and loop, I would take loop every time As it has transformed my dibetes management and made my life so much happier. G6 is not that much bigger and apart from faster warm up I don’t know g7 is That much better. Appreciate you have a little one and so different considerations.
Nice one, definitely take that on board. It’s hard work keeping her in range and using an i-port is tricky, especially for night time corrections. Definitely think a closed loop system would be the way to go and if Dexcom or Omnipod come out and said “we are years away from G7 compatibility” then over to the G6 we go, but I don’t want to swap her over if it’s on the horizon.

I certainly don’t think it will be years @Tom1982 The dates I was seeing were 2023/2024 (again, I didn’t see Omnipod mentioned, but can’t believe that would be years either).

I certainly don’t think it will be years @Tom1982 The dates I was seeing were 2023/2024 (again, I didn’t see Omnipod mentioned, but can’t believe that would be years either).
I can't see it being years either. Normally once a new CGM is brought out then the older model is retired PDQ.

Have to say there is quite a difference between the G6 and G7. Accuracy is my no1 on the list the shorter warm up is fab as well. I have also noticed better time in range with the G7 and I'm not looping. 90 day period not looping is 93% in range.

Have to say there is quite a difference between the G6 and G7. Accuracy is my no1 on the list the shorter warm up is fab as well. I have also noticed better time in range with the G7 and I'm not looping. 90 day period not looping is 93% in range.
Ok, I mean I will be happy to see an increased accuracy of course, but from me g6 is accurate when I check it and accurate enough for me to run hcl off it and wind up with a hba1c of 47, so like all of us I just speak from my own experience. To my mind a question to your team @Tom1982 would be to ask if you can have g6 to try looping and either go back to g7 when loop for it becomes available, or if looping does not work well for you switch back to g7 in tandem with the omnipod. Hope it goes well for you whatever you decide.

To my mind a question to your team @Tom1982 would be to ask if you can have g6 to try looping and either go back to g7 when loop for it becomes available, or if looping does not work well for you switch back to g7 in tandem with the omnipod.
I doubt this would be possible due to having a 12 month contract with Dexcom to supply either G6 or G7. I know I couldn't swop until my G6 contract was up.

I don’t know about G6 or 7 but the current Omnipd pump is the Omnipod dash and it’s not compatible to loop at all. The next Omnipod model I think is going to be able to loop. Try asking Insulet when that might be released. They are usually very helpful.

Must admit find G6 extremely accurate, 2 hour warm up is bit long compared to 1 hour with libre but it's no big deal.

I doubt this would be possible due to having a 12 month contract with Dexcom to supply either G6 or G7. I know I couldn't swop until my G6 contract was up.
Very possibly, but nothing to be lost in the asking I’d have thought.

I don’t know about G6 or 7 but the current Omnipd pump is the Omnipod dash and it’s not compatible to loop at all. The next Omnipod model I think is going to be able to loop. Try asking Insulet when that might be released. They are usually very helpful.

Just catching up with the forums.
My DSN has just advised me that I will be better [they will be stopping the issue of G7 sensors] with a G6. So my planned G7 course has now been changed to a G6 one starting Oct 19th '23. My existing pump is a Omni pod Dash and this will change to a Omni pod 5 at the same time.
I am correct in my understanding that this system is completely tube free? Whilst it will be nice to have corrections communicated directly to the pump for HI or LO readings I do have good control now with the Dash system and wouldn't want to give that up if it meant adding tubes all over me. Not that impressed that the sensor takes 2 hours to warm up to ready state either.
I was originally due to start G 7 Jan '23 but it all got delayed/halted until now and changed over to G 6 so I'm not up to speed quite yet.
Any background user information and opinions will be much appreciated.

Best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back