Dexcom g7 silent alarm or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlygirl

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Can someone who has the dexcom g7 tell me if it is possible to have silent notifications not alarms? I am currently a user of libre 2 and have no alarms set at all. Is it possible to set the g7 to have no alarms...silent alarms, or how many is the minimum amount of alarms that can be set?
I looked and the info says it can be silenced for a set amount of time but I am interested in the day to day amount of alarms that are compulsory with dexcom. The alarms are great but having them as optional is important and I'd like to know how this compares before talking to the nurses. Thanks

This screenshot from the Dexcom G7 app may help? Apparently you can silence for up to 6 hours.

Attachments

• A4873BC3-7C6D-412A-BC85-8FF23B732EFF.jpeg
    A4873BC3-7C6D-412A-BC85-8FF23B732EFF.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 7
Yes, you can silence the normal alarms. I never have though as they only ring once rather than the Libre’s persistent normal alarms. You can also turn alarms off individually:

https://www.dexcom.com/en-NZ/faq/are-there-any-changes-alerts-dexcom-g7-compared-dexcom-g6

Urgent Low is a bit different to the normal alarms. You can also delay alarms eg delay a High alarm for an hour if you know you’ll be going a bit high after a meal briefly and don’t want the alarm to tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back