Not open for further replies.

everydayupsanddowns

Administrator
Staff member
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
He/Him
I have shelled out for the Dexcom G6 starter pack as part of my pondering about a possible insulin pump upgrade (just to make sure the sensor agreed with my body chemistry).

So far it‘s working very well for me, mostly tracking close to fingerstick BGs with just a few examples of ‘drift and lag‘ frustrations in the first few days.

Does anyone here who uses the G6 know the process for restarting them. I gather it’s a bit more fiddly that older Dexcoms.

Any G6 restart hints and tips?

"Wait until 10-day session is over. Restart with no code, and then remove the transmitter without removing the insertion site using a test strip. After 30 minutes - Stop session. You will see an error and that is ok. Put back transmitter Start session with original code."

Read this on a youtube video way back so not sure if it works.

You can find lots of videos on youtube. I have done it once and re-tried (without success) once. The fiddly bit is to remove the transmitter without breaking the sensor. You need a couple of credit cards to force between the transmitter and the sensor sides to spring the plastic clips that hold the transmitter in place. The first time I did it, I broke one of the clips, so I had to put some tape over the transmitter to hold it down fully when re-inserted. The second time I tried I just couldn't get the clips to release the transmitter and gave up.

In the end I just thought, to hell with it, and now I don't bother. The second 'cycle' wasn't very accurate as well.

I signed up to the annual subscription and £159 gets deducted from my credit card each month. This is fine for me but I know that would be a substantial wedge for a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back