Dexcom G6

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonethewiser

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just started on this today, decided to use right arm first, all went well with applicator & transmitter connection, another 30 mins to go before readings appear.

Hardest part was setting up account on app & all the faff, any tips welcome.

You know if you touch on the graph you get it in full horizonal display and then if you touch the green icon you get your reports?
And when you need to start a new transmiter (it will tell you when) do that BEFORE you start your sensor.
Also, if you need to, you can restart a sensor and get more time on it...you can find videos on how to do this.
Dexcom g6 is brill i am sure you will be happy with it. I like all the alerts and the different sound effects. I use an emergency siren for lows

Just started on this today, decided to use right arm first, all went well with applicator & transmitter connection, another 30 mins to go before readings appear.

Hardest part was setting up account on app & all the faff, any tips welcome.
The first 24 hrs are normally a waste of time for accurate readings so do be warned.

I found that on libre, but not so much on dexcom. Oh, and don't forget you can have 2 sets if alarms. I use on for day, were my alarm goes,off higher cos have rapid acting on board and do excercise, and one for night were things change less rapidly

Hope you get on well with it @nonethewiser

I find it gives me very solid readings that aligns really well with my BG meter, and I’m very happy to bolus from.

I find the Dex ‘only updates at 5 minute intervals’ a real draaaaaag though, and I find them pretty laggy after lows so double-check with a fingerstick before retreating!

You know if you touch on the graph you get it in full horizonal display and then if you touch the green icon you get your reports?
And when you need to start a new transmiter (it will tell you when) do that BEFORE you start your sensor.
Also, if you need to, you can restart a sensor and get more time on it...you can find videos on how to do this.
Dexcom g6 is brill i am sure you will be happy with it. I like all the alerts and the different sound effects. I use an emergency siren for lows

Thanks, so how do you get those different sound effects?

Click on settings (blue wheel top right) then alerts, then select the alert, eg low alert, then you can select the level it happens, how often it repeats, and the sound..it gives you a sample if the sound too

Click on settings (blue wheel top right) then alerts, then select the alert, eg low alert, then you can select the level it happens, how often it repeats, and the sound..it gives you a sample if the sound too

That worked fine, thanks.

Just one issue, when going on app it still displays warning page from initial set up, underneath it will say go to app where normal page appears with graph & readings, unless I keep app open all the time this message still appears, little annoying & can't seem to find solution online, tried restarting phone but no luck so any suggestions appreciated.

Apart from that really like G6, calibrated it this morning & readings are comparable to bg readings so all good there, like it as before with libre was getting fair few signal loss alarms since app was updated to make it cgm.

Dunno, i never got that, any chance of a sreen shot?

Also, have you turned quick glance on? Its just in settings, may just be an android thing but gives you your graph without having to

Well done! I trust my dexcom, and you need a good relationship with your cgm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back