Dexcom G6 v Dexcom G7

martindt1606

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
I switched to the G7 6 days. Couple of questions for those that have made the switch:

1. Connectivity - I'm using Tandem tslim, iphone, and apple watch. All 3 seem to lose connection on a much more regular basis than with the G6. Luckily there always seems to be one active.
2. With the G6 is a reading had an arrow up or down that could be relied upon as the current trend. With the G7 readings seem a lot more random ie if my BG was 7.2 with a down arrow, the next time I check it could just as easily be 8.0 and rising.

When attaching the G7 i followed the instructions and its on the back of my arm. Will connectivity and readings improve if I switch back to the front / outside of my arm?

I can’t answer 1 or 3 @martindt1606 but I find the arrows spot on, allowing for the small lag. I never used the G6 but I’ve found the G7 incredibly accurate and I adore it. I do have the G7 receiver though. That maintains connectivity all the time unless I’m right at the bottom of the garden and leave the receiver indoors.

I switched to the G7 6 days. Couple of questions for those that have made the switch:

1. Connectivity - I'm using Tandem tslim, iphone, and apple watch. All 3 seem to lose connection on a much more regular basis than with the G6. Luckily there always seems to be one active.
2. With the G6 is a reading had an arrow up or down that could be relied upon as the current trend. With the G7 readings seem a lot more random ie if my BG was 7.2 with a down arrow, the next time I check it could just as easily be 8.0 and rising.

When attaching the G7 i followed the instructions and its on the back of my arm. Will connectivity and readings improve if I switch back to the front / outside of my arm?
I have not made that switch @martindt1606. But I started G7 in 07/23 and have found it to be pretty reliable overall and certainly very accurate.

I use android. I have had the app freeze at least 4 times in the last 11 months. The 1st time was when I was in France and it decided from the built in geolocator that it shouldn't be allowed to work out of UK ; I couldn't restart it until I was home and had a code for the sensor. I considered that to be dreadful and I put that point very clearly to a senior member of the sales team. I now have hand held Receiver which is a pleasant device and more sensible than the Libre Reader. The other 3 times have been in UK without any forewarning, it just tells me the app is not responding and that is then totally locked and frozen. I then have to reinstal and this is tedious treating me not just as someone new to G7 but as a child. No short cuts are possible you have to go through the motions of reading each page and watching every second of the videos. Very frustrating, to say the least.

But I can't fault the accuracy. Sometimes, but not frequently, the sensor seems to need some warm up time. My sensor change overs are normally early evening. If I have found it is not very close to a fp, by the following morning that has invariably cleared itself. Extremely rarely if needed I only recalibrate first thing in a morning when I'm still in the overnight fasting mode and before I've taken my daily basal or any bolus. Then I find the readings are accurate and solid for the next 10 days.

Back