Dexcom G6 Reader and Smart Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick78

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi All,
I'm new on here, my name is Rick and my 7-year-old daughter was diagnosed with T1 in January this year.

I have a quick question about the Dexcom. My daughter has a reader with her Dexcom G6 to measure her BG levels. The reader obviously has to be quite close to her to pick up the data from the transmitter. We are looking to get her a smartphone to replace the reader so that my wife and I can keep an eye on her level on our smartphones when she is at school or any clubs. My question is, what smartphones do other people use for their children? Bearing in mind she is only 7 years old so a brand new iPhone seems excessive but I do not want to get her an old smartphone and it doesn't work correctly. What do other people do for their young children?

Thanks

Rick

No children but do have g6. The list of capatible phones for the official app is small. But you can get a modded app that some internet random has made, so you can get dexcom to work on most phknes. Works well. Just search 'build your own dexcom app'..you will find on reddit. Obviosly download at own risk but i've used for a while and its been fine with me

You could get an old/refurbed phone maybe.

Until quite recently I was running Dexcom G6 on an iphone 7 (which are pretty cheap on eBay and similar). Presumably older compatible robot phones would be even cheaper?

Thos page lists compatible devices for the G6 app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back