Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi

I’m trialling the G6 for a month (3 sensors) and I’ve got it set up on my phone and check all the settings in the dexcom app and in my phones setting but can’t figure out why alarms aren’t working.

It’s coming up as a notification on my lock screen but making no sound. I’ve got silent mode on which the app should just ignore and I never have do not disturb on.

iPhone SE (2020) if that’s any help

Have you checked the sounds within the app? You can choose different ones for highs, lows and sudden lows. I think you may have to come off silent to hear it. I had to for something and I can’t remember if it was dexcom or sugarmate. The new do not disturb settings are very customisable to you can mimic silent for everything else if you need to.

My daughter says go into the Dexcom app, go into Settings - Alerts and then make sure “Always Sound” is turned on. If you’ve already done that then we have no further idea, sorry! Hope you can sort it!

I have the alarms sounding through my pump mostly, but if I ever get a low alert (below 3) that sounds audibly on my phone too, even if I have quiet mode set.

There is a ‘time sensitive alerts’ thing you have to get right, but I just have ‘scheduled summary’ switched off, so all mine are supposed to come through as they happen.

Thanks for your help!

I normally have my phone on silent throughout the night (only time I need the alarms) because of other notifications.

Should be fine as soon as urgent low sounds despite silent mode though , thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back