Dexcom G6 Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam 48

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi, I wonder if someone can offer some advice regarding the G6? My daughter changed the sensor 5 days ago and it is has been showing some erratic readings. For example, it will show her as 6, two minutes later 5, then a couple of minutes further, around 5.8? Could it just be a faulty sensor and to change it?
Any advice would be appreciated.

We occasionally get a blip like that, where there are one or two readings which clearly don’t fit with the rest, if it is only occasionally then I don’t worry about it. If it’s happening several times a day though it might be a dodgy sensor, I’d ring the technical helpline and ask them, they are really helpful and if they decide it is a sensor fault they will send you a free replacement.

G6 only takes a reading every 5 minutes though, are you saying you’re checking it more often than that?

Thanks for your reply. We have a spare here, so I'm thinking we'll change it. I've been checking more the last couple of days because my daughters BG levels have been low. And I have noticed a few gaps, like the connection is being lost?

Yes that can happen sometimes too. What are you reading it with, a phone or other device? We don’t have the official reader, my daughter has the T-Slim pump and it links with that and also her phone. If either of them is on the opposite side of her body from the sensor the signal can drop out sometimes, Dexcom recommend that you try to keep the reading device on the same side of the body as the sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back