Dexacom

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn’t a free trial for Dexcom, but they do offer a starter pack for about £150 so that you can try it out before committing.

Additionally, of you qualify for Libre2 you also qualify for Dexcom One (which is a simpler version of Dex), so you could ask your clinic about switching to that?

Are you having problems with Libre? If so, I wonder if it is a software problem with your phone and you would manage better using a Libre reader. I love my Libre but I understand it isn't ideal for everyone. Just wonder if resolving the Libre problem if you have one, would be easier than getting your prescription swapped to Dexcom. Whilst it should be able to be prescribed by a GP, there are other people on the forum finding it a real challenge to get Dexcom One on prescription.

I moved over to dexcom g6 after my libre continually woke me up with false lows at night. Had 5 dexcoms now (10 weeks) and found it really reliable ...it doesn't wake me up unnecessarily, it doesn't stop reading when rates are rising or falling rapidly, and i can trust its readings far more than libre 2.

It is bulkier and far less aesthetically pleasing, and it is coffin shaped, but is blooming good. And you don't feel such a wally scanning in public. Plus, it feels gentler...some libres sting and carch if you move your arm. Dexcom doesn't.

Other downsides is it lasts 10 days so you can't always change it on same day of weekblike you can libre, and the warm up is 2 hrs. Plus its not very compatible with android, so if you want to run it on your phone you probably have to use the 'build your own dexcom app' from some hero random on reddit..though it seems fine. I have the reader as a back up incase anything goes wrong, but the hacked dexcom app seems more reliable than the official dexcom app.

I bought the 'taster' pack, and didn't go back. Got on px about a month ago...happy days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back