Device belts/pouches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telle88

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi everyone I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what to do with my 7 year old son's devices. He has a mobile phone for his dexcom and then he has his omnipod 5 controller. We've used spi belts since their nursery days but now with the 2 devices in, it keeps dropping off his little waist from the weight in it. Are there any other options for small children because I'm out of ideas at them moment

I have an over the shoulder pouch that I use for my hypo treatments, my phone and my Libre reader. I can also slot an insulin pen in there too. I used to use a bum bag but found it bounced about too much. Not sure how helpful the over the shoulder pouch would be for a 7 year old.
This is the one I use

There are little rucksack type things that I’ve seen small children wearing with their pump in, so you could Google those. You/he might find a pump that’s controlled by a phone easier when you come to change pumps. One less thing to carry.

I have an over the shoulder pouch that I use for my hypo treatments, my phone and my Libre reader. I can also slot an insulin pen in there too. I used to use a bum bag but found it bounced about too much. Not sure how helpful the over the shoulder pouch would be for a 7 year old.
This is the one I use
Thank you, we have something similar but the school won't allow him to use it across his body amid health and safety concerns

There are little rucksack type things that I’ve seen small children wearing with their pump in, so you could Google those. You/he might find a pump that’s controlled by a phone easier when you come to change pumps. One less thing to carry.
Ooh I will have to look into that. He only started on the omnipod5 7 weeks ago but I cant remember if I dreamt it up or if the nurses told me there are plans to have an app for phones rather than having to keep carrying the controller as well

there are plans to have an app for phones rather than having to keep carrying the controller as well

I think I have heard the same rumour! Though unfortunately these things can take an agonising amount of time to get from rumour to actually something that’s available.

I’ve been known to use a bum bag in summer / on holiday when I don’t want a rucksack. Height of fashion but also handy as arms are free

We had a custom Lycra pouch with 2 pockets for my kid from funky pumpers when he had his pump (tslim) and phone and didn’t have pockets that were big enough/secure enough. It worked really well. Bum bags or joggers pouches (like a bum bag but slimmer profile) have also been used but they may be too big for your kid at the moment.

I’ve been known to use a bum bag in summer / on holiday when I don’t want a rucksack. Height of fashion but also handy as arms are free
Ah thank you, I somehow forgot bum bags existed! I'll have a look on amazon or something while the boys are in school. It will probably be ideal for what they need.

We had a custom Lycra pouch with 2 pockets for my kid from funky pumpers when he had his pump (tslim) and phone and didn’t have pockets that were big enough/secure enough. It worked really well. Bum bags or joggers pouches (like a bum bag but slimmer profile) have also been used but they may be too big for your kid at the moment.
Ooh I'll have a look at funky pumpers, thank you. That's my main struggle at the moment, that his waist is so tiny! Although he is starting to fill out a bit now since he's started the omnipod5 which is fantastic.

Try this website they have some age appropriate ones for children.

Try this website they have some age appropriate ones for children.
I have used this website in the past and the boys currently use these spi belts. Unfortunately the material just can't take the weight of the phone and the controller. It was much easier when they just had the old little iPhone's (really old) but they're no longer compatible with dexcom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back