Desmond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheilagh1958

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have just got back from the 2nd part of my DESMOND course (education course for Type 2 Diabetes). I would definitely recommend it for any newly diagnosed type 2 Diabetics. I really feel as though I have benefited from it. :D

Main thing I have learnt is how important the daily exercise is, not just to get fit but to help maintain good BG levels . This is as important to me as it would be as taking a drug each day.

Another thing I have learnt is that I will probably never ever eat a sausage roll ever again its just not worth it:D:D

lol why a sausage roll? (good job I don't like them!)

Glad you have found the course a huge benefit 🙂

That's great - it sounds like the course as really given you confidence and extra motivation 🙂 I think exercise is very important - I know that my levels seem much harder to control when I have been lazy or inactive for a few days.

Great, glad you liked the course. I did an expert diabetes course and really enjoyed that, it is nice to know I am not alone.

Glad the course is going well, not had a sausage roll for ages used to love ginsters ones lol. x

Glad the course is going well, not had a sausage roll for ages used to love ginsters ones lol. x

Was frightening how much fat was in one of them.

Might have to have my traditional christmas eve one😛

Was frightening how much fat was in one of them.

Might have to have my traditional christmas eve one😛

I know im gutted loved my steak and kidney pies as well, guess ill have to just dream of all that hehe x

As I'm T1 I did the DAFNE (dose adjustment for normal eating) DESMONDS counter part..

Training courses like these are essentrial for the diabetic, as knowledge is our best weapon to enable us to control our condition, it's not all about carb counting, but the many other different factors that has a effect on our control...

Hands up

who knew what a carb was, where it was found and how it might react with the body, before they became diabetic?

Most people I know don't know the answer to this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back