DESMOND Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazscot

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi All,

Nurse has put my name down for the desmond course, does anybody have experience of it? Was it a worthwhile course? Had a look at the website but dosent really give much information. Thanks

Great news sorry i have no experience i did the X-PERT course for type 2s but im sure someone will come along and help you out.

Good luck.

Hi Caz

I did the DESMOND course last year, it was just an afternoon and it may well tell you all the stuff you know already.It's supposed to be the Type 2 equivalent to DAFNE but really isn't as helpful. It covers the basics, like what diabetes is, how it's treated and what you should eat or do to help (and it will probably give you the official NHS line on Carbohydrates and statins, which could be fun or awkward if you don't agree).

Hi Caz

I did the DESMOND course last year, it was just an afternoon and it may well tell you all the stuff you know already.It's supposed to be the Type 2 equivalent to DAFNE but really isn't as helpful. It covers the basics, like what diabetes is, how it's treated and what you should eat or do to help (and it will probably give you the official NHS line on Carbohydrates and statins, which could be fun or awkward if you don't agree).

Thanks Rachel, should be interesting... They better not start this no need to test c**p or I will be putting my twopennys worth in! I have learned such a lot of these boards so will wait and see what happens x

Depending on our knowledge DESMOND is either very helpful or we know it all already. Go along with an open mind, at least you will get to meet other diabetics and possibly make friends. I am starting the xpert course on Monday 19th.

You are lucky Carol

My people tell me as T2 the only I could be put forward for was the X-PERT

DESMOND for T1s only who are on insulin

But I am T2 on insulin

No, only X-PERT

So I am pleased for you - good luck on DESMOND - hope it goes well

Hazel

...DESMOND for T1s only who are on insulin
...Hazel

You're thinking of DAFNE, Hazel, which is the T1 course - DESMOND is for T2s. From what I have gathered, XPert seems to be a pretty good alternative 🙂

Absolutely give it a try but as always, temper what you hear with your own checks and balances (i.e. get treated as an individual!).

I was due on one today but after my run in with the dietician recently, I'm steaming ahead with my own workable regime🙂

Absolutely give it a try but as always, temper what you hear with your own checks and balances (i.e. get treated as an individual!).

I was due on one today but after my run in with the dietician recently, I'm steaming ahead with my own workable regime🙂

we are all individuals. Listen to the experts and what others have to say, but also listen to what your own body and levels tell you. Between us we find workable solutions for ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back