Desmond Course?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diane gooding

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi
As a new member to diabetes uk I am asking advice and guidance!!
I am also in the process of trying to get on a Desmond course which I’m told will be very good for learning about diabetes type 2

Thanks in advance for your help
Diane

Hi @Diane gooding Desmond has been invaluable for many people new to type 2 diabetes. I hope you're able to secure a place on the course soon. Feel free to start new threads in the general messageboard to ask the community any questions you may have. 🙂

Hi
I am also in the process of trying to get on a Desmond course which I’m told will be very good for learning about diabetes type 2

Diane
Hi Diane
I have enquired about the Desmond course. You can purchase information booklets on different topics or pay for a course, although they are pricey.
Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum @Diane gooding

I’ve split your post into its own thread so that it doesn’t get muddled with the DUK website survey replies 🙂

Hopefully some of our Desmond attendees will be along to share their experiences.

Hi

Diane
You may have a while to wait to get on the course, I did a on line version during Covid which you worked through the modules in your own time, but I think face to face are now back on.
In the meantime you could look at this link for a program developed by a GP surgery who found the standard NHS advise which the DESMOND is based on, was not working for their Type 2 patients. https://lowcarbfreshwell.com/

I went on a Desmond course at duabetes Lacola it's a long time since but it was very informative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back