Desmond course for type 2…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sussexmax

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I’ve been booked onto a ‘Desmond’ education course for my type 2 diabetes. It’s a really long day, and I just wondered if anyone has done it before so I know what to expect… Thanks

Last edited:
They vary depending on who is running them and their particular agenda - so some enjoy them (if that's the right word) and find em useful and others don't. Hopefully they'll be open to questions and comments as they go along.

Keep an open mind, attend and find out whether it's any good or not.

Hope you find it helpful @Sussexmax

Are there any areas of your diabetes management you are finding particularly tricky? Have you tried any of DUKs resources in the Learning Zone to get you started?

I did it face to face when prediabetic (before that was even in the dictionary) and it was pretty basic and there was a variety of people who seemed to be frequent flyers on the course and others where it went completely over their head and they did not return for the second session.
I was then offered the on line version during lock down when I had slipped over into the diabetes zone. Still following the NHS Eat Well plate which for me was too high in carbs.

Hope you find it helpful @Sussexmax

Are there any areas of your diabetes management you are finding particularly tricky? Have you tried any of DUKs resources in the Learning Zone to get you started?
Thank you, hopefully so!

It was ‘suggested’ that it might be useful for me to attend. It’s a long day so hopefully it’ll be interesting and not like being back at school! Be good to generally improve my knowledge. I have completed some of the DUK sessions, but I think it might be helpful to meet face to face with other diabetics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back