Dermopathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sitosea

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have a reddish brown patch of scaly skin on my shin which Dr Google tells me could be dermopathy. Anyone have any experience with this? Got a doctor's 'phone appointment next week (had to send a photo).

I have a reddish brown patch of scaly skin on my shin which Dr Google tells me could be dermopathy. Anyone have any experience with this? Got a doctor's 'phone appointment next week (had to send a photo).
I have a brown scaly patch about 1cm across, which I assume is the same, I’ve never mentioned it to my GP because I was happy that’s what it was, and there isn’t anything you can do, except keep blood glucose under control. I developed it probably as a result of having high blood sugars for months (after a misdiagnosis of Type 2 when I was actually Type 1). 15 years later it’s still there, it doesn’t bother me, it doesn’t change or get any bigger, in fact it may have faded slightly, but it’s still dry, and it’s just there.

Having just myself been diagnosed with skin cancer I would strongly recommend getting a doctor’s opinion. I have had a brown scaly patch on my back for 10 years which now needs to be surgically removed as it is, and apparently always was, cancerous.
P S my back has not seen the sun for at least 40 years, and 20% of skin cancers are not because of sun exposure.

Having just myself been diagnosed with skin cancer I would strongly recommend getting a doctor’s opinion. I have had a brown scaly patch on my back for 10 years which now needs to be surgically removed as it is, and apparently always was, cancerous.
P S my back has not seen the sun for at least 40 years, and 20% of skin cancers are not because of sun exposure.
Thanks for your reply Barbie. Talking to the doctor on Monday.

I have a brown scaly patch about 1cm across, which I assume is the same, I’ve never mentioned it to my GP because I was happy that’s what it was, and there isn’t anything you can do, except keep blood glucose under control. I developed it probably as a result of having high blood sugars for months (after a misdiagnosis of Type 2 when I was actually Type 1). 15 years later it’s still there, it doesn’t bother me, it doesn’t change or get any bigger, in fact it may have faded slightly, but it’s still dry, and it’s just there.
Thanks for your reply Robin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back