Dentists

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWJ

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just back from my first of five appointments for treatment for gum disease, which they have related to my diabetes.
Dentist eventually realised (previous was do you eat/drink a lot of sugary things, a lot of alchohol etc) I think he finally read my disclosure form!
Now getting "deep" scaling with local anasthetic, feeling a bit like Dudley Moore dribbling in Arthur (for those of you old enough to remember!). Hopefully will be able to eat/drink soon

Ack! Sorry to hear it Ron, but good that you are getting the treatment - hope it's not causing too much discomfort and that it sorts the problem.

Paradoxically, my teeth and gums have improved dramatically since my diagnosis. I suspect that prior to diagnosis when I was having all sorts of problems, I was suffering high BG for quite some time, and now I have things under better control things have improved for me. I've cut out most sugary foods since, which is probably also a benefit.

Thanks N.
Why is it that you feel as though Tarzan has been swinging off your jaw - and that's when it's still fairly numb!..Lol if I could!

sympathys Ron .....careful if they put you on anti bios ...my gp explained that the one generally used by dentists can upset the diabetes ...sorry cant remember name ...my gp has put me on penecillian :(

Thanks, no tablets at moment - don't think I could swallow them at this time!
Gonna try some soup shortly, should be fun.

Thanks N.
Why is it that you feel as though Tarzan has been swinging off your jaw - and that's when it's still fairly numb!..Lol if I could!

My dentist has a very strict no pain policy. When I had a tooth taken out a couple of years ago, he gave me so much local anaesthetic that I couldn't feel the right side of my entire head for about 8 hours! When I got the feeling back, I was in pain for the next 24!

Don't worry about laughing Ron, just splutter and dribble a bit - we'll know what you mean 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back