Dentist wind up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossi_mac

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Was she having me on??

Finally found a NHS dentist practise and hand my new patient appointment today, all good.

However she said to me did I realise that one cheek was fatter than the other (remember this was a dentist so I'm talking about my face cheeks here !), and when I pinch them I would say one does feel fuller than the other:confused: Her explaination was... "it's diabetes" what?

Is there any sense in this? Will one cheek get so big I won't be able to walk with my head upright??

Help!

A confused (as ever🙄😉) Rossi

Another complication on the D.....'fat cheek' ?? 😛

Did she look serious when she said it? very strange i have not encountered this ever lol

I think there should be a new thread start with all the thing people say to us about the way we are supposed to look or smell (the petrol station thread) or the random complications we have never heard of or the things we shouldn't eat or can eat etc Would be great... We should then put it into a book & get it published!!!!!!! (Starts thread now)

I guess you were too shocked to ask what was the reasoning behind this.

I know you are meant to have more regular checks as poor BM control can lead to gum problems.

Funnily enough I have a swollen cheek but i am having tooth pain at the moment and possibly infection.. I have googled and asked jeeves but cannot find any link between diabetes and a swollen / fat cheek.. wonder if my dentist will say the same thing when I see him..

Diabetes seems to behind most things so I wouldn't be surprised if it causes a swollen cheek🙄 I think once someone knows you have D it accounts for every ailment or anomaly you may have :(

Yes, that and old age, there's a lot of it about!

Funnily enough, I've got a slightly swollen cheek at the mo.... and a bit of toothache. Not too bad so I can wait for my routine check up which is next week, unless it gets any worse. But is it too much of a coincidence, maybe it IS caused by the D.

Was she having me on??

Is there any sense in this? Will one cheek get so big I won't be able to walk with my head upright??

Help!

A confused (as ever🙄😉) Rossi

Which side ? Would it be the same side for all diabetics ?

----------------------------------------------
"Who's a cheeky boy then ?"

my right your left!

I did actually ask her to explain, not too forcefully and she said "it's just diabetes" Well thats a fine explaination in my book! 🙄:confused:

It seems diabetes gets blamed for everything. If I step on a dirty nail in the garden and get tetanus, the tetanus will be blamed on the diabetes and not the dirty nail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back