Delayed GP appointments are simply unacceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
HAVING to wait three days before you can get an appointment to see the doctor is unacceptable in the 21st century.

It certainly didn't happen 65 years ago when the NHS was born, so while medicine has made massive advances, it is obvious the system just cannot cope with the increasing demands made on it.

New research shows that one person in seven actually has to wait a week before seeing the doctor and inevitably many give up.

Early diagnosis is lost in some cases with unhappy consequences.

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/ex...layed-GP-appointments-are-simply-unacceptable

Three days would be a luxury at my GP practice, used to take up to a month to see a specific doctor if you were lucky, and around a fortnight to see any other doctor.

Only chance you had was to ring up as soon as they opened and if you could get through within the first ten mins you stood a chance of an emergency appointment. After the ten mins its try again tomorrow or wait the two weeks or just give up.

Yes, it's all well and good having a service that's 'free', but if it's not actually available within a reasonable timescale then it's pretty pointless. I think my surgery fares better than yours though pav, as they have a walk-in morning acouple of times a week where you don't need an appointment. Mind you, it might be a 3 hour wait! 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back