decorating and the pump not good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie Jones

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Lovely Job of decorating dealing with the utter complete bodge job😱

Can I get my pump settings sorted no chance several hypo's later I feeling very miffed indeed, as it's time consumming keep having to stop.. I've tried my old work profile, but apparently stripping and sanding wood, uses more energy than cleaning 20+ kennels and exercising the dogs in a morning😱

Today I decided that I would not only TBR but shut my pump down for 3/4 hour before starting, and nope hypo...

I didn't think that getting the pump sorted would be so problematic...

When I was doing some decorating a few months ago I had only recently started pumping so I just whopped on a temp basal when I started and took advantage of my Grandfather's generosity where humbugs are concerned!

When i was on dafne course , there was a guy there who was a painter and decorator and he was always having hypos 😱 it muast be a really good form of excercise , I would suggest to just keep lowering temp basal rate or maybe start on a lower basal rate ( although i dont know what to suggest after being pump free for 3 hours and still having hypos 😱) and increase if needs be

So frustrating, Im the same when i do the floors,

I hoover and then clean/mop downstairs as laminate, always get hypo even when i have my "hoover biccie" beforehand :(

Ellie, a change in basal will take roughly an hour to come into play - so perhaps dropping your basal way down an hour or two before decorating (and keeping them low) would help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back