Decisions Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonethewiser

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Got birthday coming up so local garden centre sent out voucher for 2 free coffees & either 2 scones or 2 slices of cake, it's part of loyalty scheme they run.

Going today so will have decide on way, decisions decisions on what to pick, think fruit scone will win.

How about cheese scones ..a win win, haha!

🙂 - will the person who will be drinking the second coffee concur with that decision - or do you not have to have both the freebies on the same visit?

Mmmmm Cheese scone every time

Whatever you choose I hope you enjoy/it.

How about cheese scones ..a win win, haha!
Mmmmm Cheese scone every time

Whatever you choose I hope you enjoy/it.

They did cheese & bacon scone as well as cherry, in end did have fruit scone with butter jam & clotted cream, really delicious & coffee was nice & strong.

Ended up coming back with plants so not cheap day by any means.

Ended up coming back with plants so not cheap day by any means
Cynical me…they probably bank on you spending in the garden centre once they’ve lured you in there.
OH cannot abide cheese scones. When we moved house, our next door neighbour invited us in for coffee. I forgot to take an insulin pen with me, and the offering with the coffee was…particularly heavy cheese scones. Slight marital disharmony occurred as OH expected me to eat a decent amount of scone to make up for his lack, and I was thinking, I can’t eat too much without insulin! Next day, we noticed she’d put the remains of the scones out for the birds, and there were a few lounging around our garden afterwards, looking as if they were having difficulty achieving lift-off.

Sounds like a great birthday outing @nonethewiser

Hope your new plants survive this cold snap - it’s bloomin freezing here this morning!

I love a cheese scone, the cheesier the better. Fruit scones do nothing for me. I’ve a notion to make some now, as although it’s not my birthday it’s my daughter’s today and it’s mine in two weeks time. Early birthday treat.

I love a cheese scone, the cheesier the better. Fruit scones do nothing for me. I’ve a notion to make some now, as although it’s not my birthday it’s my daughter’s today and it’s mine in two weeks time. Early birthday treat.
i think I need to find a keto scone recipe.

Cynical me…they probably bank on you spending in the garden centre once they’ve lured you in there.
OH cannot abide cheese scones. When we moved house, our next door neighbour invited us in for coffee. I forgot to take an insulin pen with me, and the offering with the coffee was…particularly heavy cheese scones. Slight marital disharmony occurred as OH expected me to eat a decent amount of scone to make up for his lack, and I was thinking, I can’t eat too much without insulin! Next day, we noticed she’d put the remains of the scones out for the birds, and

Quite right, lure of free hot drinks as part of loyalty scheme is clever thinking, you get 2 free drinks each month plus birthday treat, scheme costs £12 to join so there's big savings to be made if you could resist buying anything when in garden Centre.

But let's face it rarely do you come out empty handed, bit like heading into supermarket for 1 item & come out with basket full.

As with cheese scones, cheese has to be in mixture not sitting on top, some think they can call it cheese scone by grating cheese on top.

When I was at art college in Carlisle, morning break-time there was a mad rush to be first in the queue for the cheese scones in the college caff. I’d never had a cheese scone before, so it felt very sophisticated (especially since the cafeteria was called The Refectory!).

When I was at art college in Carlisle, morning break-time there was a mad rush to be first in the queue for the cheese scones in the college caff. I’d never had a cheese scone before, so it felt very sophisticated (especially since the cafeteria was called The Refectory!).

Yummy warm, guess they were not long out of oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back