Decided to go on statins

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazscot

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Had another long talk with my nurse this morning and after much thought I have decided to go on simvistatin (40mg). I am a bit wary of the side effects but know what to look out for so will see how it goes... Wish me luck!

Hi Carol, hope they don't cause you any problems for you and that they just help you manage your cholesterol at a reasonable level.

If it's any help, I've had no side effects since starting it in November, neither has my mam. Hope it goes as well for you xx

Hi Carol hope it goes nice and smooth and hopefully you have no side effects

Good luck x

I think it's good you have been able to make an informed choice. If they don't suit you then you could always come off them and try a different medication.

Hope all goes well for you without the side effects.

I went on Simvastatin at the same time as the diabetic meds so I'm not sure what to blame for the side effects I had. They eased off after a few weeks though and I have no problems with them now.

I have been on 40g simvastatin since i was diagnosed (Oct) and i'm fine with them. I am happier knowing that it is lowering my cholesterol. Good luck

I hope they work with no side effects. Let us know how you get on. It is good you talked with your nurse.

Had another long talk with my nurse this morning and after much thought I have decided to go on simvistatin (40mg). I am a bit wary of the side effects but know what to look out for so will see how it goes... Wish me luck!

Hi Carol

Good luck with them - I've been on them since diagnosis too - I had very few side effects and only for a couple of days. I felt a bit icky at first and had what I thought were muscle aches but nothing that I felt bad enough to do something about. Let me know how you get on.

Good luck

Hope all goes well for you Carol - I'll be following your progress with interest as my doc has given me 3 months to lower my cholesterol with diet control and if I fail she wants to put me on them too... :(

So good luck petal and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that you don't get any side effects.

Karina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back