Death of a FRIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugarbum

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I went on holiday last week and was let down by my Frio. Its not the first time its partially not inflated (?inflated isnt the right word I know!) but do they have a shelf life?

I have used it a good few times, but not hardcore. My insulin wasnt cold on my return.

Has anyone else had to replace theirs?

Never owned one Lou - how long have you had it? Is there any sort of guarantee given with it when you buy?

When I went looking into them some people said they had had them for years mine are in a draw and probably won't be used this year, my first thought would be were they stored well.

Oh well nothing last forever, except diabetes🙄

RIP Frio 37462

Rossi:D

Never had a Frio, but these days most things are built/made not to last more than about 5 years.

I find with any bag I use, the more I put in it, the quicker it wears out. Not sure how much you can put in a Frio or if you can over fill it.

Never had a Frio, but these days most things are built/made not to last more than about 5 years.

I find with any bag I use, the more I put in it, the quicker it wears out. Not sure how much you can put in a Frio or if you can over fill it.

I had mine out of a reduced basket. The one tube (?) doesn't swell properly, but still stays cold.

As to getting insulin in, i managed to get 1lantus, 2Levimer, 3Novarapid (all pre-loaded) and a cartirdge in my half unit pen. :D

One tube in mine doesnt fill properly, hasnt done for a while but the overall effect of it being cool was never effected. This time though it was so perhaps it has seen its day.

I guess I had better get another one! (expensive though, hey? I need the big one really).

Thanks all x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back