Day Three D&V

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamHim

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hi all.

So I have had no more vomiting for over 48 hours. However I’ve still got diahera and pain / discomfort in my right side. I’m drinking plenty of fluids just it don’t seem to be helping and my urine is very dark.

Any ideas ?

Hi all.

So I have had no more vomiting for over 48 hours. However I’ve still got diahera and pain / discomfort in my right side. I’m drinking plenty of fluids just it don’t seem to be helping and my urine is very dark.

Any ideas ?

Hi there, that your urine is dark suggests you are likely quite dehydrated, however, have you tested ketones, since you have been unwell.

I'm not T1, but please consider DKA as an unpleasant option. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/diabetic-ketoacidosis/

If in doubt, rock up to A&E, or a call to 111 at the very least.

Sorry to hear you've been so unwell @IamLawrie

Keep your fluids up, and hope the assessment comes through speedily for you.

Sorry to hear you've been so unwell @IamLawrie

Keep your fluids up, and hope the assessment comes through speedily for you.
Thank you, I’m feeling a bit silly now tho as I had some Diet Coke and apparently fizzy drinks and caffeine can make things worse. I’ve since been drinking water on a regular basis and doing better, plus my bloods are in normal range too. There’s so much to learn about this condition.

Get well soon!

Thank you, I’m feeling a bit silly now tho as I had some Diet Coke and apparently fizzy drinks and caffeine can make things worse. I’ve since been drinking water on a regular basis and doing better, plus my bloods are in normal range too. There’s so much to learn about this condition.
Ensuring you are safe is never silly. Better safe than sorry, and nobody knows everything.

I hope the improvement is sustained and continuing.

Get well soon!
Thanks, most appreciated, I will be logging in more often too that's for sure, as there is no going back now, if im not to have any fizzy drinks for a few days I might as well start to cut back slowly on the caffeine as a general whole, just so you all know I have changed my Drs and the new practice have been fantastic. Thanks everyone.

So relieved you have changed GP practice and now feel you are being more supported. Hope you get over this sickness soon.
Really great to hear that your BG levels are better too.

I switched to decaf coffee to reduce my caffeine intake as I felt that sometimes caffeine was upsetting my stomach. I now have one or two regular coffee a day and the rest decaf. What I love is that I can now have a nice comforting decaf with cream before bed and not need any bolus insulin, whereas a hot chocolate would need an injection to cover the carbs and I would not consider a regular coffee before bed because it is not conducive to good sleep.

So relieved you have changed GP practice and now feel you are being more supported. Hope you get over this sickness soon.
Really great to hear that your BG levels are better too.

I switched to decaf coffee to reduce my caffeine intake as I felt that sometimes caffeine was upsetting my stomach. I now have one or two regular coffee a day and the rest decaf. What I love is that I can now have a nice comforting decaf with cream before bed and not need any bolus insulin, whereas a hot chocolate would need an injection to cover the carbs and I would not consider a regular coffee before bed because it is not conducive to good sleep.
Thanks yeah am all good now, thank goodness for Imodium and dioralyte lol. I never thought I would be allowed a hot chocolate / coffee with cream until you mentioned it. Yeah have seriously cut down on the diet sodas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back