Day out with our local children/parent support group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monica

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
We had a lovely day out to Flamingoland Theme Park, Yorkshire yesterday. C didn't hypo once!! She was only 4.0 in the morning, so she reduced her insulin by 2 units at breakfast (wasn't sure about that, as it was 1 hour drive away and we couldn't get in till 2 hours after breakfast). As usual C refused to test at lunch, so don't know what it was, but I reduced it again by 1 unit. At teatime she was 4.8, went for pizza at Flamingoland so had to guesstimate her requirements. At bedtime she was 3.7. Now normally I'd tell her to just have something to eat, but as we'd been out all day I told her to have a small can of coke and she had a small breadroll after that (Again wasn't sure if that was a good idea). Well, it was a good idea, as this morning she was 5.1. Yipeeeeeee!!!!!:D

Hi Monica excellent news , i love flamingo land went once and i did not want to leave and i was in my 20's lol, long may the good levels continue, well done to all xx

LO Steffie! I only went on the train. The rides don't seem to agree with me anymore. I get sick. And I'm a big chicken now too. I used to just loooooove it.
And I got a sunburnt face😱. The weather was very changeable. It rained almost all morning, and there were short showers in the afternoon. Right, am going to put some more aftersun on.

Last edited:
LO Steffie! I only went on the train. The rides don't seem to agree with me anymore. I get sick. And I'm a big chicken now too. I used to just loooooove it.
And I got a sunburnt face😱. The weather was very changeable. It rained almost all morning, and there were short showers in the afternoon. Right, am going to put some more aftersun on.

lol i used to hate things like the big wheel and all the rides, i used to just stand and watch but now i let my wild side freeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol x

I went to FlamingoLand a few weeks ago! Awesome place 🙂 Probably going to go back again with proper camera kit and just spend a day photographing the animals. It's great because it's so much cheaper than the other big name parks, and it's practically on my doorstep 🙂

I went to FlamingoLand a few weeks ago! Awesome place 🙂 Probably going to go back again with proper camera kit and just spend a day photographing the animals. It's great because it's so much cheaper than the other big name parks, and it's practically on my doorstep 🙂

Nice one!! My hubby and I went to the zoo without the kids, which was nice. The kids never want to go to that bit.

And it's even cheaper if you use Tesco vouchers. Last year I paid ?2 entry for the 4 of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back