Day of the Doctor ? By Olly Double

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Last night we went out to the cinema to watch the Doctor Who 50th anniversary special, ?Day of the Doctor?. Jacqui had got the snacks sorted out and carb counted in advance, so we had nothing to worry about while we watched the movie. The place was packed out with Who fans young and old, buzzing with excitement, and the episode itself did not disappoint judging by the spontaneous applause that burst out as the final credits started to roll.

Appropriately enough, as we shuffled our way out of the cinema my mind started to travel backwards through time. The first Doctor Who story I ever watched was ?The Sea Devils?, which was originally broadcast at the beginning of 1972, shortly before my seventh birthday. Not only have I been a fan of the programme since I was six, but in 1975 ? at the tender age of ten ? I went along to Woolworth?s in Lincoln to get my Doctor Who book signed by Tom Baker. I got there ages early and was right near the front of the queue, and a photo of me staring at the great man as he signed my book appeared on the front of our local newspaper, the Lincolnshire Echo.

http://blogs.diabetes.org.uk/?p=2621

Olly Double is a well-known diabetes blogger, well worth reading 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back