Day 2 pump update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natalie123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I had a hypo this morning, 3.2 at 8am. It was 4.2 yesterday morning. Before the pump it was usually about 15. So it is going well, perhaps my basal is too high? My nurse said to wait until later today / tomorrow because there is still some levemir left from Sunday night's dose.

I forgot about my pump for the first time today, I managed to drop it (twice!), it just dangled on the tubing and didn't hurt so I feel a bit reassured by that because I can be a bit clumsy.

Bolus too low, especially at breakfast, I used to take 1 unit for 1g carbs, now I am supposed to take 1 unit for 10g carbs! It really isn't working and I am currectly 15.1, again, I have to wait until I see my nurse on Monday to change it. It is really frustrating because I know exactly how to change it on my meter and it is so tempting ...😱

Small steps Natalie but well done so far. It's easy to be tempted to over-correct so I'd suggest waiting to speak to your team before making any adjustments.

Keep up the testing though as that's very important to be able to analyse what's happening over a few days.

🙂🙂🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back