Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Middie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi everyone I am a newbie type 2. :confused: Bit scary but reading through the website and the threads seems to be alot of support out there. Been to see nurse today was really worried as thought here we go lecture about weight, losing weight etc. It was the last thing I needed felt bad enough thinking I had done this to myself :(......but no she didnt weigh me she explained the genetic links (dad and grandfather diabetic) I was VERY impressed with her she took time and explained lots.:D She also gave me this website to look at 😱 I realise I have big changes to make but feeling much more positive now.

Hi there middle and welcome have you not been diagnosed that long then ?sounds like a great nurse then , well if you have had a good look around you will already know we are all lovely people full of wisdom of all callabre from newly diagnosed to some who have had it years . Anytime you need help just ask we are here to support and advise x

Nice to know this site is being put out there aswell

Last edited:
Hi everyone I am a newbie type 2. :confused: Bit scary but reading through the website and the threads seems to be alot of support out there. Been to see nurse today was really worried as thought here we go lecture about weight, losing weight etc. It was the last thing I needed felt bad enough thinking I had done this to myself :(......but no she didnt weigh me she explained the genetic links (dad and grandfather diabetic) I was VERY impressed with her she took time and explained lots.:D She also gave me this website to look at 😱 I realise I have big changes to make but feeling much more positive now.

good luck middie its all very strange when you are first diagnosed ...but you sound like you got a good nurse there...
northe can we put this into newbie or.... Middie could you post in newbie section so you dont get lost hun xxx

I was diagnosed 3 months ago and i've found this site brilliant, it's helped me no end and i've learnt such a lot in such a short time, you will be fine on here, ask whatever is on your mind and there is always someone ready with an answer🙂

Hi there Middle and welcome to our site. Sounds like you have a fantastic nurse, she even reccomended our forum.

Everyone here is friendly and helpfull, and we all have different experiences, so someone will be along with the answers to any questions you want to ask.

Dear Middie,

Welcome to the forum, this a brilliant site and the people are wonderful. Sounds like your nurse is wonderful!

Warmest Regards Dodger

Hi Middie, welcome to the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Middie and welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have a good nurse and you have definitely come to the right place for support and advice!

Hiya Middie, welcome to the forum 🙂

I'm newly diagnosed too (November) - this place has been a great source of info.

Wish I had a nurse as positive as yours!

Hi Peter

Can you do me a favour and PM me that link? I can't access it at work, I'll forget to do it when I get home and so am going try and do it from my phone but I cant seem to copy the link?

Many thanks

Hi Corrine, the link is now in our 'Links' section.

p.s. the link was broken in this thread - now fixed.

Last edited:
Hi Corrine, the link is now in our 'Links' section.

Thanks Northerner - it's so tiresome having all these lovely things banned from my work PC!

Hi Middie, Welcome to the forum. I was diagnosed in September 2009 and have found this site invaluable 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back