Day 1 FreeStyle Libre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy2202

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
evening all.
picked up my first prescribed Libre 1 this afternoon.
Just applied to my arm, and waiting an hour for it to begin.
this is going to change my life having this!
Fully expected to have to wait years for this so I’m over the moon I’ve got it so quick.
Have a great weekend guys - I’ll be working happy tomorrow 🙂

Quite possibly. I'm slightly surprised at Libre 1: some reason they didn't give you Libre 2?
Yes I’m not sure why - but I’m not complaining.
I will drop my team an email at some point and ask.

finger test 7.4
Libre senser 10.0

am I right in thinking there’s a 15 minute delay?

finger test 7.4
Libre senser 10.0

am I right in thinking there’s a 15 minute delay?
There is a delay between blood sugar readings and interstitial fluid readings.
The algorithm used in Libre 2 attempts to take this into consideration but Libre 1 does not.
Be aware that many of us find Libre inaccurate for the first day or two. This is due to our bodies reacting to the alien object in our arm. I always apply my sensor a day or two before activating it to allow familiarisation to occur and find the sensor more accurate.

There is a delay between blood sugar readings and interstitial fluid readings.
The algorithm used in Libre 2 attempts to take this into consideration but Libre 1 does not.
Be aware that many of us find Libre inaccurate for the first day or two. This is due to our bodies reacting to the alien object in our arm. I always apply my sensor a day or two before activating it to allow familiarisation to occur and find the sensor more accurate.
Thank you Helli

I tend to check my Libre against a BG test when I have an horizontal arrow and nice consistent readings over about an hour, within a few decimal places of each other..... so in the last hour I have had readings of
5.6 @8.43am
6.6 @9.31am
6.1 @9.57am all with horizontal arrows so quite minimal drift.
Finger prick after the last test gave me 6.7 so I am happy that is within reasonable error margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back