Dawn/yawn waking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcone

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hey all,

Newbie here - since early 2023 I've been waking up fairly often after about 4-5 hours after I go to sleep with, what I can only describe as a wooshing, uneasy feeling that brings me out of my sleep with a bit of a jolt. I then struggle to fall asleep again as I get the same feeling as my body starts to relax, what I feel might be cortisol/fight or flight that course right through me, with a bit of nausea too. I pinned it all down to anxiety and stress - but I've been reading about blood sugar levels during the night and I'm now questioning it all. Last night I went to a gig and didn't have dinner for the first time in ages, came home, felt fine when I went to bed and then the worst symptoms so far happened at 5am. I don't want to minimise anxiety and I'm working on that separately, but could this actually be connected more to diabetes? I've yet to start any kind of treatment.
Thanks!

Diabetes can lead to tinnitus, which can manifest as a whooshing sound. How are your levels when you wake up feeling anxious? How are they overall.

I went to a high last night and still have a bit of ringing in my ears this morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back