• Please Remember: Members are only permitted to share their own experiences. Members are not qualified to give medical advice. Additionally, everyone manages their health differently. Please be respectful of other people's opinions about their own diabetes management.

Daughter with Type 1

joannaj

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi there,

My name is Jo and I am Mum to Emily who is 16 months and recently diagnosed with Type 1 - she was 11 months when diagnosed. Would love to hear from Parents with children with diabetes, especially little ones. Would also love to hear from Parents whose children receive insulin pump therapy and carb count.

Great site btw!

Welcome!

Hi Jo
Welcome to the site - our first new member! The first of many...
I have had diabetes myself since I was 4 years old - and I know my Mum felt as though she was completely on her own at times. But here you won't be!

Hi Jo. My Daughter Alex Is 14 And She Has Been Diabetic For Nearly 3 Years,alex Has Just Started Using An Insulin Pump. They Are Great. I Know Of Two Little Ones Who Use The Pump,one Being 2 The Other 5 Hey Do Really Well With It. Its Hard Work But Worth It. We Have A Fab Team In Doncaster And Without Them Goodness Knows Where I Would Of Been!! Oh And Carb Counting Is Easy, My Daughter Works On Roughly Ten Grams Of Carbs To One Unit Of Insulin. Most Foods Have The Carb Content On Them And In Time You Become An Expert And You Dont Even Have To Look At Most Things. Hope This Helped A Little. Regards Joanne

Back