Dates - Omnipod

Status
Not open for further replies.

soupdragon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 3c
Attended an Omnipod show and tell Zoom session today.

Some expected dates were mentioned.
They are currently expecting Omnipod 5 to be rolling out from June this year, which will loop with Dexcom 6.
Phone app for Omnipod - later this year.
Also mentioned was a plan for Omnipod 5 to loop with Libre 2 from next year. I think the early part of next year was mentioned.

Update - I contacted Omnipod about Libre looping dates and whether it would be for Libre 2 or 3.
This is the reply. No mention of 2 or 3.

We would like to inform you that at the moment we do not have a time frame for when the Libre will be available to loop with the Omnipod®?5.

The Omnipod® 5 System is currently only compatible with the Dexcom G6 Continuous Glucose Monitor. Please contact your Healthcare Provider to discuss the issue with them as they will also be informed as soon as the looping with the Libre becomes available.

Last edited:
That's good to know and thanks for sharing this. I'm currently using the G7 - self-funding because my local CCG (or whatever they're called these days) is still 'thinking about' CGM - it's not known as 'soppy Suffolk' for nothing - but will happily go back to the G6 with the Omnipod 5.

They are currently expecting Omnipod 5 to be rolling out from June this year, which will loop with Dexcom 6.
Also mentioned was a plan for Omnipod 5 to loop with Libre 2 from next year. I think the early part of next year was mentioned.

That is early, was told it would be end of year so all good.

Would it not be libre 3 it would loop with rather than 2?

That is early, was told it would be end of year so all good.

Would it not be libre 3 it would loop with rather than 2?
It was Libre 2 that was mentioned, which surprised me as well. I'll try to clarify that with them.

Exciting times @soupdragon

Have you got an Omnipod plan?

Hopefully!
"Passed" the pre pump clinic so hoping I'll be starting fairly soon.
That’s exciting.

I am waiting for the pump date myself. Waiting is dragging

Very exciting information. I am going on the Medtronic 780G around April/May. I plan to fund their sensors which could be quite expensive. To hear Omnipod might be looping with Libre 2 would be amazing.

Heard back from Omnipod. The line from them is that there is no date for looping with Libre. The rep certainly mentioned it, though.
They didn't manage to answer the query about Libre 2 or 3.

Not quite but have just been told that the pump has been ordered and that I'll be contacted about a date soon!

Oooh yay! That will probably be weeks then (depending on appointment availability).

Are you excited? Anxious? Eager? Dreading it?

I'll go with excited at the moment.
Think there might be a few more emotions when it gets a bit closer, though!

:DI'll go with excited at the moment.
Think there might be a few more emotions when it gets a bit closer, though!

I was just impatient and now I am beyond excited. At some point it may dawn on me that it will take some work but I honestly cannot wait.

Also I am really glad that my last league rugby game is 12th, we have a few friendlies afterwards but I won’t take them as seriously so less likely to have as much contact after this and it gives me time to work out placement and training / tackling before next season. Consultant said one patient he has uses it for hockey so he thinks it will be fine but has he ever been in a maul?! :D

My appointment was early feb and I contacted my nurse 10th, just to follow up that she knew and something was happening. I went into my emails yesterday to ask if she had any timeframes and waiting in my inbox was her email with the date. So yes I think it’s a few weeks and I thought it would be longer.

I was just impatient and now I am beyond excited. At some point it may dawn on me that it will take some work but I honestly cannot wait.

Also I am really glad that my last league rugby game is 12th, we have a few friendlies afterwards but I won’t take them as seriously so less likely to have as much contact after this and it gives me time to work out placement and training / tackling before next season. Consultant said one patient he has uses it for hockey so he thinks it will be fine but has he ever been in a maul?! :D

My appointment was early feb and I contacted my nurse 10th, just to follow up that she knew and something was happening. I went into my emails yesterday to ask if she had any timeframes and waiting in my inbox was her email with the date. So yes I think it’s a few weeks and I thought it would be longer.
Sounds good that you can try it out in a few positions before next season. I'm aiming to try out the dummy pod at pilates next week to see if I can find a good location for it.
I don't think that the placement will be as important for that as for your rugby, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back