Darlington MP steps in to support Diabetes UK campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A NORTH-EAST MP has stepped in to support a campaign to reduce the number of preventable amputations among people with diabetes.

Darlington MP Jenny Chapman is backing the Putting Feet First campaign by Diabetes UK.

A recent report from the Yorkshire and Humber Public Health Observatory (YHPHO) showed that between April 2009 and March 2012 there were 55 amputations carried out on people with diabetes in Darlington.

As the majority of diabetes-related amputations are caused by a foot ulcer failing to heal, the charity is making sure people have access to thorough foot checks and examinations of the skin, circulation and nerve supply.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/10201858.MP_steps_in_to_support_Diabetes_UK_campaign/?ref=nt

I was at the GP for Dad's annual review and we were told that there is going to be a real shake up of diabetic podiatry reviews,

It's been 18 months since Dad had his done, I reckon it must be at least 3 years since mine was done. At least I go to the Scholl centre every 8 weeks for a review and my nails cut.

I was at the GP for Dad's annual review and we were told that there is going to be a real shake up of diabetic podiatry reviews,

It's been 18 months since Dad had his done, I reckon it must be at least 3 years since mine was done. At least I go to the Scholl centre every 8 weeks for a review and my nails cut.

It really is so poor that people have lost their toes, feet and limbs when it could have been prevented :( Let's hope they really get their act together and realise it saves more in the long run to keep people healthy, as well as saving all the misery and distress that must come with amputations :(

Well done Darlow mp ! I use to get a good check up at a knackerd old building with lovely staff. Another goverment came along & spent a great deal of money on a three storey greenhouse (Heat loss must be daft). Not surpprised theres no money left. I have been to Darlington town hall for a meeting & mayor was very good towards Duk 🙂

I had mine done recently well it lasted all of 10 secs can u feel this this and this here and done , I remember when I was first diagnosed nurse would feel my pulses in feet etc, especially thought I would be looked at througly as I have neuropathy in one foot

Well, would you expect anything less from Jenny Chapman?

A woman clearly at least 500% worthy of sharing my name! I don't mind at all !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back