Dapaglifzon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avey

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good Morning,
Started Dapagliflozin 5mg 18days ago
Extreme thirst (drinking approx 4 litres)
Obv weeing a lot
Blood glucose gone so high anything between 17 - 19
Feeling fatigued
Should I stop taking ?

Good Morning,
Started Dapagliflozin 5mg 18days ago
Extreme thirst (drinking approx 4 litres)
Obv weeing a lot
Blood glucose gone so high anything between 17 - 19
Feeling fatigued
Should I stop taking ?
This is a discussion with whoever prescribed your medication however the extreme thirst is indicative of the high blood glucose levels.
The medication encourages your kidneys to work hard the excrete excess glucose via urine so important to keep your fluids up.
What dietary changes have you made to help, if you are still eating a high carbohydrate diet then the medication is fighting with that.
Perhaps if you say a little bit about your diagnosis, how long, what your HbA1C was and any other medication would be helpful for people to make suggestions.
Welcome to the forum by the way.

Hi Avey, i started taking this last Sunday and have been lucky enough not to have the same problems.
I was advised to get in touch with the diabetes nursing team if there was any adverse reactio.

Sorry to hear about your elevated BG levels @Avey

I find they can feel crushingly wearying (along with the thirst).

Were you checking your BGs beforehand? What sort of increase have you seen?

It certainly sounds like you should book a follow-up call with your GP practice.

If you start to get nausea, abdominal pain, or vomiting it would be worth calling NHS 111 I think?

This is a discussion with whoever prescribed your medication however the extreme thirst is indicative of the high blood glucose levels.
The medication encourages your kidneys to work hard the excrete excess glucose via urine so important to keep your fluids up.
What dietary changes have you made to help, if you are still eating a high carbohydrate diet then the medication is fighting with that.
Perhaps if you say a little bit about your diagnosis, how long, what your HbA1C was and any other medication would be helpful for people to make suggestions.
Welcome to the forum by the way.
Thankyou for your response
Type 2 diagnosed 2004 diet controlled for 3 yes, then Metformin for 8 yrs until stomach couldn’t tolerate.
Then glipitied?? Didnt work
Last 5 years on Victoza which has kept Hb1ac at 48 . Victoza issues now a problem hence the change.
Carefully watch carbs and already drinking plenty of fluids due to history of kidney stones.
So cannot understand the extreme thirst and high readings. Will contact health provider in the morning
Also recently started on allpurinol due to stones made from Uric Acid

Thankyou for your response
Type 2 diagnosed 2004 diet controlled for 3 yes, then Metformin for 8 yrs until stomach couldn’t tolerate.
Then glipitied?? Didnt work
Last 5 years on Victoza which has kept Hb1ac at 48 . Victoza issues now a problem hence the change.
Carefully watch carbs and already drinking plenty of fluids due to history of kidney stones.
So cannot understand the extreme thirst and high readings. Will contact health provider in the morning
Also recently started on allpurinol due to stones made from Uric Acid
With your history of kidney stones then you should probably be having kidney function test and check with the doctor that it is an appropriate medication if you have kidney issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back