Dapagliflozin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Franklin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Have been prescribed this drug to take along with my insulin, I have been taking it for two weeks and found it give me a dry mouth which is a constant thirst, and after drinking I then need to use the toilet as it also effects the kidneys and helps the heart.
Has anyone else used this drug, it is one of the inhibitors used for type 2. I am worried that I am taking more and more drugs to kept my diabetes in check. My blood sugar are Rond the 70 and vary but never below 67 or above 75. I walk each day and average 7k steps. Reasonable fit but finding my legs now ache more.

Have been prescribed this drug to take along with my insulin, I have been taking it for two weeks and found it give me a dry mouth which is a constant thirst, and after drinking I then need to use the toilet as it also effects the kidneys and helps the heart.
Has anyone else used this drug, it is one of the inhibitors used for type 2. I am worried that I am taking more and more drugs to kept my diabetes in check. My blood sugar are Rond the 70 and vary but never below 67 or above 75. I walk each day and average 7k steps. Reasonable fit but finding my legs now ache more.
With the 'flozin' medications you are supposed to drink plenty as your kidneys are encouraged to excrete excess glucose via urine so it is possible to become dehydrated if you restrict liquids. There is also a risk of UTIs.
Basically what is happening is how the medication works.

Thanks make sense and just felt concerned that I am now taking insulin and this drug now having leg aches and cold feet which I never had before

@Franklin - i started taking it three weeks ago and can agree about the dry mouth. I have been doing quite a lot of testing and next week intend to report on the results on here to give one persons experience with it.

@Franklin - i started taking it three weeks ago and can agree about the dry mouth. I have been doing quite a lot of testing and next week intend to report on the results on here to give one persons experience with it.
Be interested to read your views

Also on it. I never had dry mouth but I do have cold feet and hands from time to time, something that is fairly recent and new for me. I thought that was due to my weight loss though - some kind of adjustment the body was making to save calories and keep me from starving. Could be the flozin though. It's always been my habit to drink lots of water, which may be why I don't get the dehydration symptoms. I pee as I've always peed - a lot.

PerSpinasAdAstra. I have been taking the drug for 10days now and more systems are developing, Cold hand and feet is another things which I have also noticed since starting with this drug, lack of energy is another which has come on slowly. Seen a doctor re feeling in legs and feet he just added another drug to overcome that system. I just feel I am being given pills with no real consideration to long term effects on well being and mindfulness.

Sorry to hear you don’t feel your worries are being properly listened to @Franklin

10 days isn’t long on a new medication, and sometimes it can take a while for things to settle. Keep in contact with your Dr, and maybe chat with the qualified pharmacist at your local chemists to see if they are aware of any possible drug interactions, or things to watch out for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back