Dapagliflozin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicoll

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good Afternoon, I am currently on Gliclazide, HBA1C risen from 51 to 53 in the last 9 months. I am very slim and don’t want to lose any more weight. I am 72 years old. I also have CKD (due to statins). DN wants me to change to Dapagliflozin and I am a bit concerned about changing my meds. Has anyone any experience of this drug that they can share with me please? Many thanks

I am on both drugs, it did cause more weight gain when I started it but that stabilised, I need to stay hydrated with it as do get thrush or uti’s when I get my sugar levels wrong.

I am on both drugs, it did cause more weight gain when I started it but that stabilised, I need to stay hydrated with it as do get thrush or uti’s when I get my sugar levels wrong.
Thank you so much for your reply!

Thank you so much for your reply!
Your welcome, should have said other than that there’s been no other new symptoms other than my pancreatic issues that I normally have. Hope others reply!

Er, what particular 'pancreatic issues' are they? - I ask since the majority of Type 2 diabetics' pancreases don't have any overriding probs with them, more that the rest of their body can't use the insulin produced efficiently.

Oh - the other thing is we can't forget - at our age - that our body still changes rather than the diabetes itself changing - so if we need more medication to handle that, we need it.

Er, what particular 'pancreatic issues' are they? - I ask since the majority of Type 2 diabetics' pancreases don't have any overriding probs with them, more that the rest of their body can't use the insulin produced efficiently.

The beta cells are no longer producing enough insulin and their mass has decreased.

I get pancreatitis ever since having bariatric surgery following an eating disorder, currently being evaluated for type 3c and being considered for insulin but Drs reluctant to change at the moment due to other medical issues flaring and being looked into.

Oh - the other thing is we can't forget - at our age - that our body still changes rather than the diabetes itself changing - so if we need more medication to handle that, we need it.
Is this directed at me or original poster?

The beta cells are no longer producing enough insulin and their mass has decreased.
Not in my case, trigger was bariatric surgery, might be cells have changed since but bariatric surgery is a known trigger for pancreatitis.

Not in my case, trigger was bariatric surgery, might be cells have changed since but bariatric surgery is a known trigger for pancreatitis.
Yes, but the post I replied to was about T2 - which is a combination of insulin resistance and dysfunctional beta cells.

Yes, but the post I replied to was about T2 - which is a combination of insulin resistance and dysfunctional beta cells.
Ah ok, sorry because the post was a reply to one of my messages I thought it was targeted at me sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back