Dapagliflozin

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolA

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I am a type 2 diabetic, and my GP is unhappy with my sugar control on metformin alone, and has recently added dapagliflozin to the mix. I am also trying to reduce my weight to help my situation. I am not having problems with the medication, but it strangely seems to have taken away my “”hunger” response. I have been eating between 8 am and 2 pm, and then fasting, except for fluids….and even after 18 hours of not eating, I am not really bothered about eating. I do eat, but it makes eating healthily easier! Is this a side effect of the medication, or is something else going on. I have never before been like this (hence the overweight). I have lost quite a bit of weight, which is a good thing!

I find that if I eat a meal of fats, protein and small number of carbs I don't feel hungry much at all. Sometimes I don't bother with lunch as I don't feel hungry.

I used to be ravenous in the mornings, but not ant longer. I found my appetite decreased on my "flozin". I put it down to doubling my fluid intake, as instructed by my diabetic nurse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back