Dapagliflozin/Dizziness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henrybud

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all,
Has anybody out there experienced severe bouts of dizziness/feeling faint whilst taking a 10mg daily dose of Dapagliflozin?
I've been taking this drug for quite some time now. Since I started with it my balance seems to be really affected and I'm frequently feeling dizzy/faint.
I would really appreciate any feedback.
Many thanks.

never experienced that in the same drug class and all that I can think of is are you drinking enough fluids with them? Dehydration can line up with the symptoms as can many other things so worth a chat with the gp surgery or pharmacist?

never experienced that in the same drug class and all that I can think of is are you drinking enough fluids with them? Dehydration can line up with the symptoms as can many other things so worth a chat with the gp surgery or pharmacist?
Thank you for your kind reply. You could well be right regarding fluid intake. I intend to increase my fluid intake to see if this improves the situation.

Can I ask you what a 'Libre estimation' is? I noticed your diabetic nurse was happy to accept your Hba1c reading as a result of this. I've not heard of a Libre estimation before now.

libre glucose sensor - https://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/libre/
It has a tool where it will estimate your a1c since it can access you blood glucose 24/7 while wearing one 🙂
My DSN has access to all of my data when I have one on.

Also with the tablets, just in case you didn't know, drinking extra fluid is key with them as they basically make you pee out more glucose so you must stay on top of putting the fluids in 🙂

Just to repeat myself again, many other things can cause those symptoms so I would still have a chat with your GP or pharmacist for advice if being a bit more on top of your fluid intake doesn't do anything 🙂

If you are dehydrated then your blood pressure can be affected and that may cause dizziness. Are you able to check your blood pressure?
I think the recommendation is you should drink at least 3 litres a day of fluids, that of course has the consequence of more loo visits.
Best to check with your GP or nurse.

It seems that dizziness and lightheadedness are a known possible effect of Dapagliflozin

Might be worth discussing with your GP to get their advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back