Dapagliflozin and Muscle Aches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genieman

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I’ve been taking dapagliflozin for some 4 weeks now and recently I’ve been feeling sharp aches in my muscles. Has anyone else experienced this?

I’ve been taking dapagliflozin for some 4 weeks now and recently I’ve been feeling sharp aches in my muscles. Has anyone else experienced this?
Are you making sure you are drinking plenty as the medication works by encouraging the kidneys to work hard to flush out excess glucose so it is possible to become dehydrated.
It may be the pain is from your nerves rather than muscles if your blood glucose has reduced quite quickly.

You need to check for ketones. Muscle aches can be a symptom of DKA which is a rare but very serious side effect of dapagliflozin

Are you making sure you are drinking plenty as the medication works by encouraging the kidneys to work hard to flush out excess glucose so it is possible to become dehydrated.
It may be the pain is from your nerves rather than muscles if your blood glucose has reduced quite quickly.
I have always drunk a lot and am definitely still drinking plenty.
That would make sense. I’ve got an appointment with the surgery’s HCA next week so I will talk to her.

You need to check for ketones. Muscle aches can be a symptom of DKA which is a rare but very serious side effect of dapagliflozin
I’m seeing the surgery’s HCA next week so hopefully she’ll check that but good point!

I’m seeing the surgery’s HCA next week so hopefully she’ll check that but good point!
Ketones aren’t something that would wait till next week. If you develop any other symptoms of DKA you need to get checked straight away.

Ketones aren’t something that would wait till next week. If you develop any other symptoms of DKA you need to get checked straight away.
I have made a telephone appointment with the doctor this afternoon. Thank you

I spoke to the doctor and she said this is a side affect of the tablets. The pains haven’t been so bad now either. Thank you everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back