Dapaglifizone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friarygirl74

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My DN has just suggested I go on dapaglifizone in conjunction with metformin. Has anyone had any experience of this drug? I am finding the reviews and potential side effects slightly alarming and not sure about it?

My DN has just suggested I go on dapaglifizone in conjunction with metformin. Has anyone had any experience of this drug? I am finding the reviews and potential side effects slightly alarming and not sure about it?
I started it about 5 weeks ago, I have been ok so far with it

Thanks for the reply, I seem to have so many questions. I have been low carbing, do you still do that? And the peeing effect after all that water? Also, is a couple of glasses of wine ok with it? There seems to be all sorts of questions that the DN hasn't answered. Are you on 10 mg?

Thanks for the reply, I seem to have so many questions. I have been low carbing, do you still do that? And the peeing effect after all that water? Also, is a couple of glasses of wine ok with it? There seems to be all sorts of questions that the DN hasn't answered. Are you on 10 mg?
Yes I still low carb. I find I am not peeing excessively, kust same as nornal, I am on 10mg. You should be ok with a tipple

I found I got very thirsty so doubled my water intake. Obvious side effect was pee-a-lot!

Thrush is one of the reported side-effects, also UTIs. Has anyone experienced this? I had a bad bout of thrush last year and it took a while to get rid of it so not keen on repeating that experience.

Side effects will vary, some people will have no issues, others like me will get DKA within a week. Low carbing on it isn’t reccomended because of the DKA risk (to clarify, I didn’t low carb)

Thirst and thrush but has eased with lots of extra water and improvement in sugar cravings lately too .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back