Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily123

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi

I haven’t heard much from the hospital lately about getting pump funding because they are trying to get funding for the G6 first.

The pump I would Ideally want because of closed loop is either the Tslim or Dana.

Looking into it online and I can’t find it anywhere. Does anyone know if Dana are working on making closed looping possible with Dexcom and use iPhone.?

I have a Dana pump @Lily123 but don’t loop with it as I don’t have a Dexcom. @Saoirse loops with a Dana pump using their looping app. It’s also possible to loop with it using OpenAPS (unofficial software).

I highly recommend the Dana pump. I’ve just chosen it as my new pump because I like my current one so much.

Edited to add, you could contact them and ask about the iPhone. My phone is an Android and I can’t find info about using an iPhone either.

Thanks @Inka

I was leaning towards Omnipod got it being tubeless but it limits sites and I can be a bit of a walking disaster with walking into things and don’t want to knock it off.Tslim - An increment of 0.5 isn’t small enough I don’t think - during the day I need a lot of basal but at night practically nothing.

Dana seems the best with increments of 0.05 and linking to a phone - even if I can’t loop with the official software

If you want to loop and get it approved, you could get a cheap Android phone maybe? If you just want to use your pump as a pump unlooped then your iPhone should be fine.
See what happens I suppose. I might just use it unlooped - or see whether the diabetes team would have a problem using OpenAPS

Hi, yes I have a Dana and dexcom combination which loops with camaps aps. The software to make the loop work is controlled via a phone app. Please speak to your team about whether they will fund the app before making any final decisions as it is not free. If you have any questions, please do dm me.

Thanks @Saoirse
I’ve not even got funding yet. They told me last February they would try and get me funding but then my DSN was off for an injury until December and I’m assuming she was the only one who could put in the funding request.
Will definitely ask if I have any questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back